Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 01-20-2005, 03:48 PM
rburns

Phoenix Area Skiing

I'm in Central Phoenix and have the boat and another driver/skier, looking for anyone skiing or wants to ski in this area.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Hey Ryan -
Been skiing here for a few years, just bought the boat though...

Are you new to the area, in which case I can tell you about a few of the lakes, or are you just looking for warm bodies?

/frank
Centra/Thunderbird
Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 PM
rburns

Figuring it Out

I've been in Central Phoenix about 8 months now. Have skied on Saguaro, Lake Pleasant, and Roosevelt. Drove the whole Appache Trail... I like the looks of Appache, but haven't decided to brave the drive with a trailer yet.

Basically I'm just trying to find out if I'm missing some good spots, and I'm also looking to fill the boat with a few skiers or tag along with someone else for the cause... having trouble finding a 3rd most times & want to ski a lot more than I did last summer. Did a LOT of floating this summer with friends, which is ok, just got old. I used to ski 3-event tourney's in college, and I'm a big fan of barefooting.

Any info would be great. I'm from the "more the merrier" school when it comes to fun on the water. Feel free to email me if you want to discuss.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Welcome to the board Ryan. I live in Gilbert. I'd take you up on your offer, or offer a ride myself, but I am moving to Albuquerque in a few weeks. Plan on going out this Sunday maybe, if it's still going to get up into the high 70's. Not sure how many I'll have with, but you're welcome to go if I do.
Apache lake is by far the nicest of the Salt River lakes. You don't have to drive that goat trail all the way up. Just go out to Saguaro, past the lake, the road hooks up w/ the Beeline Hwy (87)towards Payson. Take that up about 40 mi and turn left back towards Roosevelt lake. The road down to Apache comes out just South of the Roosevelt dam. From there it's only 3-4mi of gravel to Apache lake and it's widened out to 2 lanes and fairly well graded. Takes a god 2 hrs from S Gilbert to get there, but it's less crowded than the rest of the lakes.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
rburns

No plans on Sunday, you can give me an email with your phone number if you want me to call you on Saturday to set up something. My boat is not ready to go out this weekend, but I'd be happy to provide gas money in turn for a ride.
burnsre99@yahoo.com