Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: American Skier
Slalom course on Fox River IL??

Two skiers looking for a course on Fox River and/or a third skier to join the team.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 2006 XStar MCX
Not sure if there is one, but you can put me down for a third if you need one. Got an 06 XStar so won't be doing much skiing. I guess my son and the boarding won out this year.
Paul
Old 03-18-2007, 05:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: '95 ProStar 205
There is a course put-in, maintained and taken-out by four of us near Johnsburg in a shallow bay called Dutch Creek. It's very shallow so only in-boards and wave runners can get into the course area. Conditions are typically good in the morning and evening. In the middle of day on the weekend duking it out with the wave runners is typically not worth it. The numbers of skiers using and helping with the course has gone down over the years as people have moved and retired from the sport. We'd love to have more skiers out there. The skiers range in ability from 15 to 32 off. We've also got every type of boat out there MC (2), Bu and a SN. Family friendly crowd - there's always a bunch of kids. Subject to the weather we typically put-in mid to late April. E-mail me for more details.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: looking
I would love to join you guys, and help out. I ski/barefoot on Wonder Lake and the Chain all the time. Never have really had a good chance to ski bouys and have always wanted too. Let me know when and I will be there.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: American Skier
Thanks. This is great news.
We are at the Fox River Marina - how long a ride would it be early in the am?
We will be in the water second or third week of April and would love to be a part of the group that uses and maintains the course. I believe our in-board will do ok in the bay.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
There is a course put-in, maintained and taken-out by four of us near Johnsburg in a shallow bay called Dutch Creek. It's very shallow so only in-boards and wave runners can get into the course area. Conditions are typically good in the morning and evening. In the middle of day on the weekend duking it out with the wave runners is typically not worth it. The numbers of skiers using and helping with the course has gone down over the years as people have moved and retired from the sport. We'd love to have more skiers out there. The skiers range in ability from 15 to 32 off. We've also got every type of boat out there MC (2), Bu and a SN. Family friendly crowd - there's always a bunch of kids. Subject to the weather we typically put-in mid to late April. E-mail me for more details.
Give me a call once you get the course setup, if you arrange a date to have everyone out there I would love to give everyone the chance to to try out the new MC's in the course.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
erk you just want an excuse to demo a boat again! I dont blame you. To bad you trea tthe thing like a baby!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: All of em!
Send a message via AIM to off-axis
Hey Bill, talk my dad into getting that course in earlier this year, I think its about time for me to put a stick back on this year....

Kevin Denbroeder
Old 03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70
erk you just want an excuse to demo a boat again! I dont blame you. To bad you trea tthe thing like a baby!

I don't see a problem with that?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
i have no problems. I think im in love with the new 197...i could get used to heaters and a shower