Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1988
Broken drivers seat frame

I have an 88 prostar 19 and the bottom of the fiberglass seat frame is broken out in 2 of the 4 holes that mount to the floor piece. is this worth trying to repair or should I get a new seat all together? and where can I find a new seat?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
You may find one on e-bay or at a boat salvage company, parting out a totaled boat, but new ones are not available, unless you replace the entire base, track and seat with a aftermarket item.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
I have seen quite a few posts reagrding replacement seats lately. I wonder what Mastercraft has done with thier old seat molds? Making these seats could be a nice aftermarket idea. Perhaps even enhancing the old design to be a little wider for those of us that are, well a little wider.

Anyone know?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:49 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1988
I was thinking about fixing it myself. Re- fiberglassing in a couple pieces of 1/2 in plywood in the base of the holes and then putting a piece of 1/2 in on the entire base of the seat as well. If the cost of a whole new seat is rediculous I may go that route.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 Barefoot 190
Has anyone looked at the Wise seats offered by Overton's? They have a number of drivers' seats and at least one of them looks exactly like the one in my '89 Barefoot 190 (Tristar), except for the upholstery design.
They look like high quality seats with composite (read plastic) frames that would not rot, but I have no direct experience with them.

I suspect the '88 Prostar has a very similar seat.

Anyone tried these??
Old 03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 Tristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by viabill
Has anyone looked at the Wise seats offered by Overton's? They have a number of drivers' seats and at least one of them looks exactly like the one in my '89 Barefoot 190 (Tristar), except for the upholstery design.
They look like high quality seats with composite (read plastic) frames that would not rot, but I have no direct experience with them.

I suspect the '88 Prostar has a very similar seat.

Anyone tried these??
I have a similar replacement seat to the Wise seats from Overton's in my TriStar. It has the plastic(composite) frame. The seat works well in my boat.

J.R.