Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2006, 01:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190
true, but its not really "underpower" if you have 3 miles to do it... considering the car probably reaches more than half of that speed in a 1/4 mile under hard throttle.
Ask Jay Leno how 200 feels whilst spinning his Carerra GT out. Granted it was on a track, but still anything over about 120 on the ground is pretty eye watering. My Z06 has been to 185, very stable, but overwhelming!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
A MC owner I once knew had a ZR1 Corvette, the speedo memory showed top speed acheived was 182 MPH. He had me put a red paint dot on the wheels where the tire pressure sensor warning decals indicating where they were located at inside the wheels. He didn't like the little decals. 2 hours later, when he thought the paint dots were dry, we went for a ride in the dark at 10:30 and went 178 MPH down the local 4 lane in the country. When we got back to the house, the little red dots were gone. He had to have the tires broke down on the wheels to find the sensors and reapplied a new set of decals.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1
A MC owner I once knew had a ZR1 Corvette, the speedo memory showed top speed acheived was 182 MPH. He had me put a red paint dot on the wheels where the tire pressure sensor warning decals indicating where they were located at inside the wheels. He didn't like the little decals. 2 hours later, when he thought the paint dots were dry, we went for a ride in the dark at 10:30 and went 178 MPH down the local 4 lane in the country. When we got back to the house, the little red dots were gone. He had to have the tires broke down on the wheels to find the sensors and reapplied a new set of decals.
That wouldn't have been good ole R.D. would it? Sounds like something he might have done!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:22 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidog
That wouldn't have been good ole R.D. would it? Sounds like something he might have done!

Man you are good!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1977 Caravelle
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
at a boy! man, i need to go drive my '68...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI*MC
really bad quality, but really... what did you think would happen!? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KygxhiTQvYc
Old 12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
cute little ol' Z06 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KQb...elated&search=

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: American Skier 1980, its stock (=
I am stuck debating with myself after watching the first video.

Point
Fast convertibles need cages. Maybe they don't race at the track or they are trying to sneek up on someone on the street with a roots blower whining away and purging the nitrous, I don't know. If I see a style bar on a convertible, I know there is nothing to be worried about.

Counterpoint
I did notice that the car does have a fuel system, you can see there is something coming from the sump at the back of the tank. Cars with fuel systems are fast.

I wouldn't know what to do, on one hand, I've got this guy covered, on the other I might be dealing with a title contender... what to do???
k
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Dreams
Ask Jay Leno how 200 feels whilst spinning his Carerra GT out. Granted it was on a track, but still anything over about 120 on the ground is pretty eye watering. My Z06 has been to 185, very stable, but overwhelming!
I was going to ask you if you had a Z06. I am absolutely in love with those things. They really brought back american muscle with that thing! The idle brings a tear to my eye!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-45
What really brings tears to my eye, is that I had to sell it. It will have a new home in Illinois. Very sad for me, but I will replace it in the next 2 yrs. That is one addicting car. Maybe the next one will be the Blue Devil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI*MC
I was going to ask you if you had a Z06. I am absolutely in love with those things. They really brought back american muscle with that thing! The idle brings a tear to my eye!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Leroy

I really want to know what kind of boat this is! and if it has I prop I would like to see a picture of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemfvZGRd4I&N