Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 mastercraft x30
2005 X30 Tower bulbs to LEDs?

Hey guys I have a 2005 x30 that has the 4 stock lights in the tower (2 facing front /2 back).Does anybody know if I can change the bulbs to something way brighter ? LEDs? Also can the interior lights be changed to LEDs as well ?
thanks

Has anybody installed these light kits in their boats they look wicked for the price ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121670552921?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 02-05-2016, 08:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 197, 2002
I have not but I know they make just about every normal bulb in a replacement LED. Two things you need to worry about when replacing regular bulbs with LEDs. 1. The base, often this is how the cross reference is done. 2. Overall length and size, because a lot of the direct replacement LEDs are slightly bigger than their incandescent counterparts. That may not be a show stopper if you have the extra room to spare in the encloser
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Looks like the bulbs in the tower speakers are an automotive H3. Not sure how an H3 led bulb compares to the halogens in terms of brightness. I read some reviews on Amazon and saw a number of "wish they brighter" comments on the cheaper $20/pair bulbs. I saw some more expensive kits were the bulbs came with a ballast similar to HID these were around $100/pair. I'm sure these would produce more lumens, but I'm not sure if the speaker cans have room for the the bulbs and ballasts.