Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2017, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-45 6.0L LY6
Question What is this bolt (Tower)?

Hey guys,

Quick question - I noted this bolt on both sides of my tower (see attached image) seems like it needs to be tightened, but when i tried with an allen wrench (by hand) it was very tight and did not want to seem to budge. Are these supposed to be tightened all the way in? It has a composite (delrin?) washer so I think it should be but didn't want to force or break anything.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2017, 05:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagNL View Post
Hey guys,

Quick question - I noted this bolt on both sides of my tower (see attached image) seems like it needs to be tightened, but when i tried with an allen wrench (by hand) it was very tight and did not want to seem to budge. Are these supposed to be tightened all the way in? It has a composite (delrin?) washer so I think it should be but didn't want to force or break anything.
It is supposed to be loose as it is. It allows the clamp collar to drop out of the way when breaking down the tower..........
Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 05-29-2017, 05:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Nope all good that way.

It's supposed to be like that for collapsing the tower.
The bolt needs room to move freely as you loosen the knob to open the shell, then the front tower legs will be released.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-45 6.0L LY6
Thanks for the reply guys! Before I posted and when I had tried to tighten them I was able to tighten one side a little. I noticed last time we were out that I had a noise from that side when I'd hit a hard wake and I think it's coming form where that bolt was. Do these loosen and tighten like normal bolts (but stop at certain point leaving them loose looking)? Just curious before I attempt to loosen that one side a bit to see if I can fix that binding noise when the tower flexes.