Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes
Wow. A thread about underwater lights. I think TT has sunk to a new low of winter boredom.

Good thing Rod didn't start this thread. He'd be having the cyber equivalent of an anal episiotomy by now.
I guess I am getting called out to take a break... either that or I need a butt hole enlargment!! Thanks for the offer Archimedes! BUT, I am gunna pass, I am a bit of a homophobe!

I thought that the topic of underwater lights might be a cool one. Maybe stir up some imagination for an off-season project. I am sorry that you could not see the intention...
Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SodarSki73
I thought that the topic of underwater lights might be a cool one. Maybe stir up some imagination for an off-season project. I am sorry that you could not see the intention...
I think they look cool, but I would be skeptical of making a permanent hole in the hull....
Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I think they look cool, but I would be skeptical of making a permanent hole in the hull....
I understand... I guess if they are putting them in Mega-Million dollar yachts, they must be OK for a us!

When drilling through the hull of an MC... Is it solid glass all the way through, or does it have a foam core? (I am asking about the bottom or transom... I know the sides are solid glass)
Old 12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
I understand... I guess if they are putting them in Mega-Million dollar yachts, they must be OK for a us!

When drilling through the hull of an MC... Is it solid glass all the way through, or does it have a foam core? (I am asking about the bottom or transom... I know the sides are solid glass)
I think Jimbaws can field this one
Old 12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X1
Another thing I have seen is LED lights put under a teak deck. He actually custom fit the LEDs into holes he drilled in the bottom of the deck and ran the wire all hidden in notches up under the platform. He tied it in with the LEDs he had in the boat and it looked pretty good. The only trouble is the water in Texas is so dirty you could hardly tell what color the LEDs were. With the amount of LEDs he put on the boat you could see it from space.

Funny, it's almost like ol' Wordsworth owned a Mastercraft!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1, 310RTP
Quote:
I guess I am getting called out to take a break... either that or I need a butt hole enlargment!! Thanks for the offer Archimedes! BUT, I am gunna pass, I am a bit of a homophobe!

Sodar,

My post was intended to be tongue in cheek. Not ripping anyone, just suggesting that this is a topic that probably reflects upon the time of year and how stir crazy we all get staring at our boats in the garage all winter.

But since I'm in the thread now, what exactly would the purpose of underwater lights be? Assuming you already have a depth finder.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Cause they look cool on big boats... why not on an MC?!?!?

Alot of Sport Fishing Guys use them to attract bait fish.

And some just do it because it makes a cool glow... just like LED cupholders or LED's under the gunwales.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
That is very cool looking, but I'm with W4T's and can't see making a hole in my boat for lights.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Boatless...09/02/07 2007 ProStar 197 TT Edition
I guess it is no different than having the hole in the bottom of your boat for a perfect pass...If It is done correctly and the proper silicone is used on the inside and out side it should be just fine.

Previous Boat:
1997 Prostar 205, 350tbi, Power Slot, Perfect Pass, New Dimension Tower, Shower, Heater, Clarion Stereo, LED Interior Lighting

Objects in the rear view mirror are losing
Old 12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle's_prostar205
I guess it is no different than having the hole in the bottom of your boat for a perfect pass...If It is done correctly and the proper silicone is used on the inside and out side it should be just fine.
And make sure it's done right, Or depreciate the value significantly for the next buyer....
I like the looks, and I would certainly ski or board behind a boat with underwater lights.... Now, how about some underwater lights on the board for some 360's...... Alright, I can't do inverted 360s, but I would learn if I had lights under the board.....