Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I would like them on their own switch too, but all my switches are taken...
ehh gotcha... i still got a heated seat switch and a... well i'm not sure but i think i got one other one left too...

i don't think i'll put them on their own unless i can get a label for them for my dash tho... is that gey?... i really am OCD about my stuff looking clean and OEM tho

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Thats what I am thinking. I asked Eric how they are wired on his PS 197 and he said that they come on with his in boat courtesy lights switch...
On my boat, my courtsey lights switch has 2 positions, up & down. My white courtsey lights come on when the switch is in the UP position, and the LED'S come on when its in the DOWN position. If I had underwater LED's, I'd wire them to come on with the rest of the interior LED'S.
Quick question. When buying the underwater LED's, do you order white or blue ones. All the pics I've seen, the lights look BLUE, But I was told that was just the hue of the water making it LOOK blue.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:07 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Quick question. When buying the underwater LED's, do you order white or blue ones. All the pics I've seen, the lights look BLUE, But I was told that was just the hue of the water making it LOOK blue.
can buy them blue or white

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-01-2008, 05:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
On my boat, my courtsey lights switch has 2 positions, up & down. My white courtsey lights come on when the switch is in the UP position, and the LED'S come on when its in the DOWN position. If I had underwater LED's, I'd wire them to come on with the rest of the interior LED'S.
That is the way mine is and that is the way mine will be wired up.

The whites are $210 and the blues are $220. I think the blues look better....
Name:  gallery_photo-large_image-55.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  20.9 KB
Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
That is the way mine is and that is the way mine will be wired up.

The whites are $210 and the blues are $220. I think the blues look better....
Attachment 37147
OH YEA! No doubt! Thanks for posting that pic Sodar. That answers the Main question I had.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
You need those blue lights, they sure would go well with your boat colors! That way, next year @ CSM, you can chase John and Monica in the middle of the night!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
You need those blue lights, they sure would go well with your boat colors! That way, next year @ CSM, you can chase John and Monica in the middle of the night!
in reverse...

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

-Parks Bonifay

-Frank Sinatra

-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft
I just purchased/installed the Abyss S600 Blue lights on my 06' X2. They are very easy to install but be carefull of the screws they provide. They are not very good quality. While I was screwing two of them in, the heads broke off. I went to the local hardware store and purchase some heavy duty stainless screws and didn't have any problems after that. I only installed two lights for now. I will post some pics next week when I get back from Lakein' it. I hope they are worth it.........
Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yholloway View Post
I'm thinking about adding these to my 06' X2. For those who have them, are you happy with just the two or would you add additional lights for better illumination?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yholloway View Post
I just purchased/installed the Abyss S600 Blue lights on my 06' X2. They are very easy to install but be carefull of the screws they provide. They are not very good quality. While I was screwing two of them in, the heads broke off. I went to the local hardware store and purchase some heavy duty stainless screws and didn't have any problems after that. I only installed two lights for now. I will post some pics next week when I get back from Lakein' it. I hope they are worth it.........
Whoa! How did you go from thinking about it to having them installed in 24 hours?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft
Got the itch for the holiday weekend and picked them up from my local dealer. It only took about an hour and a half to install. Very easy.....I just wired them into the storage light circuit (Courtesy Light Switch in the Down Position) I hope they look as nice as some of the pics.........