Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2004, 07:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Prostar 190,LQ9,SSrubrails,exhausts, Clararion stereo,depth finder, MasterCraft Cruise
Mag, wrong engine?

Nice pics of your boat at the factory. Just curious if you had these pics of it when the boat was built how come you didn't notice that it had the wrong engine it then?
Old 12-26-2004, 12:56 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Long story Gene........lets see.........I was planning on going down and watch them build my boat. I kept calling the dealership to get a build date, so many times that I was probably pissing them off. When I finally got the build date, I had gotten so busy with work, that there was no way I could go down.

So I called the factory and asked, can't recall the guys name, them to take some digital pics and send them to me. So I keep calling the guy at the factory asking if he had some pics yet. Finally after about 10 phone calls, he tells me he had some great pics but they were still in the camera and he needed to download them. About 5 more phone calls later, the guy finally calls me and tells me he downloaded them and would send them as soon as he got home.

About 5 days later, I get a call and he tells me he finally e-mailed the pics! I rush home and anxiously watch the pictures upload one by one. I was so excited! Right up to the time the picture with the engine was opening. I was SHOCKED!

I called the factory and said " That's not My Boat! That's Not the engine I ordered!" I called the dealership and told them the same thing! Everyone said they would look into it. Hours pass.........no word.
The guy from the factory tells me that that was indeed the engine on the build order. I said "IMPOSSIBLE..........I ORDERED THE MCX!!!"

I told him "take it back inside amd swap out the motor."
He says " That will be hard to do as it is already on it's way to Cincinnati"

In the mean time, the saleman I bought the boat from calls and tells me it's all his fault..........he put the wrong motor on the build sheet.

To sum this up......not the factory's fault, the salesman screwed up. To rectify the mistake......I received about $2000 worth of equipment for taking the boat with the Predator engine. Been extremely happy with the boat!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Leroy

Mag; I think you came out ahead!
Old 12-26-2004, 10:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Mag, That's a bummer, but the 310 is a great motor. What did you get for the $2K worth of equipment?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:49 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch
Mag, That's a bummer, but the 310 is a great motor. What did you get for the $2K worth of equipment?
Everything! New ski, new wakeboard, appropriate tow lines, new fenders, mooring lines, two anchors, chain, some new neoprene vests....you name it! LOL
Old 12-26-2004, 11:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Nice!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 02:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Mag
Did you receive these items for the price difference between the Mcx and Predator or for the saleman scew up?
Old 12-26-2004, 02:21 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by André
Mag
Did you receive these items for the price difference between the Mcx and Predator or for the saleman scew up?
The Predator engine dropped the sales price by $1600 and then I got to pick out all that stuff It was that or wait till another build date which would have took me into a late July delivery.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
I was going to ask that.. Cool!!

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 12-26-2004, 03:10 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Mark,

Are you watching the Pitt v Bal game?