Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan View Post
I take it you don't hunt the dog?? If not how would you rate the breed as just a family pet?? I would love to have one to hunt but its just too much time away from biz and family right now.
I've heard a lot of horror stories as they are very high energy. Penny is, but for short bursts . She is a big sleeper and cuddler. I do some hunting, but haven't hunted with her. She was a rescue dog and showed signs of being gunshy right away. We were really looking for foremost a pet. She is awesome. She gets into everything that has a food scent, but I have no idea of her past history, so we just make sure everything is put up high and the trash can is not in the kitchen!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:36 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willski View Post
I've heard a lot of horror stories as they are very high energy. Penny is, but for short bursts . She is a big sleeper and cuddler. I do some hunting, but haven't hunted with her. She was a rescue dog and showed signs of being gunshy right away. We were really looking for foremost a pet. She is awesome. She gets into everything that has a food scent, but I have no idea of her past history, so we just make sure everything is put up high and the trash can is not in the kitchen!

Sounds like a cool dog, thanks for the reply. Hell I still keep the pantry door closed to keep my old mutt out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Our previous dog would not eat a pie on the counter, but this one will eat toothpaste if you leave it out in the bathroom! They all have their own agenda.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Boomer is a great family dog. We were talking just tonight about him being a hunter. I think he'd make a good hunting dog too, but i just don't have the time or resources to properly train him for that! As far a being gentle, hell, he won't even bite his food! Only drawback to a lab is the shedding. You could weave a blanket with the doghair we sweep up!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Our previous dog would not eat a pie on the counter, but this one will eat toothpaste if you leave it out in the bathroom! They all have their own agenda.
No doubt about that... the dogs we had growing up (samoyeds), one you could leave in the vehicle with a bag of jerky and he wouldn't touch it, the other once found a way to get the bag out of the glove box under the seat and ate the entire 3lb bag...
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Do not know how I missed this thread. This is Jackson, best friend? He is a Coy Dog. Half Coyote and they said Pit Bull. I get the Coyote but not the PB. Except he has chewed most of my door knobs off, eaten all the blinds off the windows, a door and most of the upstairs carpet. All has been fixed and he is doing much better now. This is him as a pup when he was doing all of this to my home. Oh, he has eaten through two crates as well!
Attached Images

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I

Last edited by Hoosier Bob; 01-03-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob View Post
Do not know how I missed this thread. This is Jackson, best friend? He is a Coy Dog. Half Coyote and they said Pit Bull. I get the Coyote but not the PB. Except he has chewed most of my door knobs off, eaten all the blinds off the windows, a door and most of the upstairs carpet. All has been fixed and he is doing much better now. This is him as a pup when he was doing all of this to my home. Oh, he has eaten through two crates as well!
Oh no...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 190 1998 Indmar 350
Hoosier Bob - Now THAT is one bad lookin' dog!! Your experiences with him, sound like the same I had with a German Shepherd for about a week a long time ago. None-the-less, I love the look of his face, very beautiful dog man!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Here's a couple pic's of my buddy. Half Akita and half Blue Healer. Great dog loves everybody. The only thing she hates is water.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
Here's a couple pic's of my buddy. Half Akita and half Blue Healer. Great dog loves everybody. The only thing she hates is water.
Nice dog....