Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-17-2013, 01:25 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
If you saw the black interior in my f150 youd see how good his coat is! Haha. His fur is every where!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
Had my Black Lab put down yesterday. Our Equine vet came by the house to put him down and I buried him under an old Oak tree. I spent two and a half hours digging the grave, buried him, put the tools away, went in the house washed my hands and then looked for him after I just buried him. It will be tough getting past this one. The best dog a man could ask for. His name? Buster
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
Sorry to hear.

Looks like he was a smart and fun dog from that facial expression.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Gosh I hate hearing that. I'm so sorry! It's losing a member of the family for sure.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
My favorite dog growing up was a also a Black Lab named Buster. Your story and photo reminded me of what I wrote about him a few years back. To share this seems appropriate.

Buster, my best friend for many years. As a Black Lab that was abandoned in the country, Buster made his way to our back door one evening and the rest is history. Playing, exploring the creek, and relaxing in a grove of trees were events we did together for years.

Buster would ‘help’ with chores. Evidently watching out for thieves and escaped bank robbers since all he did was scan the horizon while I carried bales, pails, and pitchforks. Although he did ‘help’ with harvest.

Back then, we would chop corn silage for weeks and Buster would run along all day. He particularly liked the early morning when the dew would offer a cool reminder for him as the heat of the day approached. My mom even packed egg sandwiches for him. It was not uncommon to see Buster riding toward home on the tractor at the end of the day. Chasing rabbits, scaring up birds, playing in the creeks, and ‘harvesting acres of corn’ can wear a dog out.

I recall a Saturday as we were preparing to leave for a field about 8 miles away; my dad was searching for Buster in order to put him in the barn. A field that distance away was not one that Buster should run through. After searching for some time…dad found him. Buster was sitting in a rear unload silage wagon, apparently having jumped in the back when the door had been opened. He was not going to be denied that trip.

A faithful friend and companion was Buster. I often thought that the person who tossed that pup out never knew the potential or the heart of that dog. Buster reminds us life is worth living to the full. Striving and aiming for dedication and devotion is a wise choice. Being a friend is to be remembered. Finally, pack light. It is hard to run with a heavy load. Besides, there will be an egg sandwich waiting for you by the pickup at lunch time.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Heres my big boy at the vet getting his heart worm shot in his UNT sweat shirt! 6 months old as of last week and hes 48 pounds!
Had to give my favorite thread a bump.
What an awesome looking dog Aric.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
Had my Black Lab put down yesterday. Our Equine vet came by the house to put him down and I buried him under an old Oak tree. I spent two and a half hours digging the grave, buried him, put the tools away, went in the house washed my hands and then looked for him after I just buried him. It will be tough getting past this one. The best dog a man could ask for. His name? Buster
He was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
My favorite dog growing up was a also a Black Lab named Buster. Your story and photo reminded me of what I wrote about him a few years back. To share this seems appropriate.

Thanks for that. Well done.

My sister sent me the Rainbow Bridge story when we lost our first pup. Similar reaction to your story from me.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
My best friend, Oakleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
This is Liza. She loves the water as much as I do and she follows me everywhere at the lake.