Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 05:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Attachment 96201
Cora my 4 month old Dane.
15 cute puppies
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
yeah i woke up this morning and he had thrown up and diarrhea'd all around his cage. def didnt think that was a part of the kennel cough symptoms so i took him back to the shelter and they payed for all his tests. the doc called me and told me the parvo test was positive, but i just couldn't see putting him through misery of another day like that trying to treat him. as much as it hurts to put him down, i couldn't bring myself to have him treated and hurt even more. as short as we had him, he will always have a place in my heart. thanks for all the support you guys.
I found a lifeless puppy that someone had dropped off at a dumpster at the lake on sunday evening. I brought him home and I could only get him to lick some baby food off of a spoon. Took him to our vet on monday and they told me that he had parvo. They said it would cost around $500 to treat him and he still might not make it. I told them to just put him to sleep with those odds. They told me that if I signed him over to their office they would treat him...I said "great". A few weeks later I saw the puppy on their website up for adoption for $35?? I wonder if I was being scammed or if he really had parvo?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
You know what Aric here's the link in public, the mods can delete if they want:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...s-almost-ours/

There are some great people and sentiments over there that I am 100% sure apply to you as much as they did to me. You may have to create an account to view all the pics but it's free.

I wish you the best in your search for a pup, just make sure the situation is right for you. We unknowingly went to a "puppy mill" in someone's backyard and it pissed me off more than most people could imagine. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was walk away from the sad eyes of an Aussie Shepherd but I would not give that lady any money to further her abuse. Made me sick. She was reported but I was told there is little that can be done.

Here's a puppy pic and a today's pic of Kava. He's sad because I won't bring him back to work with me and he's wearing the "leash of shame" because he got too rough with Mama. Clipping a leash on him calms him right down for some reason. He was born on Christmas day so he's just over 5 months.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
That hurts brother... Sorry.

I love Goldens having grown up with them. Be careful who you get one from though. 60% of Goldens succumb to cancer. A quick interweb search will support that. (i read about it a year or so ago and If i remember correctly they think its from overbreeding)

I lost (as my wife puts it) "the dog that all other dogs will be judged against"- AKA wicket to cancer and it was fricken miserable to watch him go and so much harder to make the call to put him down. He has been gone 3 years and I think about him daily.

In short get a golden but make sure it has a great bloodline to reduce the chance of cancer. Paying higher price up front may save you in vet bills and misery.

Quote:
i want a golden retriever so dang bad!!! I'm sorry you had to go through the same thing i did. unfortunately i got him from the county animal shelter, so they didnt give a flying rats *** really what happened to him. before they even diagnosed him with parvo they told me they would just put him down.. really?! ugh i hate it. leaves a sour taste in my mouth that they dont guarantee their animals to be healthy. would like to hear your story. i will be getting a golden puppy in the future!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
To some people they are "just animals". Brody acts like a spoiled brat if he doesn't get his golf cart ride.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
This is Forest. I adopted him when he was two and I was a senior in college. He's 7 now.

Well a few years later... Found out about a month ago that he has cancer growing around his windpipe. In the xrays from 6 months ago, there was nothing and now it is about baseball sized.

It is constricting his windpipe, but he is comfortable as long as he is on meds (tussigon).

It won't be long, but we are hoping he can make it until our baby is born in the first week of June. I don't want to put my wife through the stress prior to that...
Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
I found a lifeless puppy that someone had dropped off at a dumpster at the lake on sunday evening. I brought him home and I could only get him to lick some baby food off of a spoon. Took him to our vet on monday and they told me that he had parvo. They said it would cost around $500 to treat him and he still might not make it. I told them to just put him to sleep with those odds. They told me that if I signed him over to their office they would treat him...I said "great". A few weeks later I saw the puppy on their website up for adoption for $35?? I wonder if I was being scammed or if he really had parvo?
for 35$ i doubt it. if it was 4 or 500 i could see it. i know the vet i use has done that before over to sign it over to them if they don't want to pay the bills or situations like what you said where you found a sick animal they have a couple 3 legged cats at my vet clinic i use.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Series, 30, 2008
Quote:
i want a golden retriever so dang bad!!! im sorry you had to go through the same thing i did. unfortunately i got him from the county animal shelter, so they didnt give a flying rats *** really what happened to him. before they even diagnosed him with parvo they told me they would just put him down.. really?! ugh i hate it. leaves a sour taste in my mouth that they dont guarantee their animals to be healthy. would like to hear your story. i will be getting a golden puppy in the future!
I know you are in the Dallas area. You might want to check out Golden Retriever Rescue of North Texas. The are a foster based rescue so the dogs have been living in a foster parents home for some amount of time. So you can generally get a good sense of what the dog is like and how they do with other dogs or cats or kids, etc.

We adopted our golden (Riley) from them back in 2006. They thought she was about 2 yr then which would make her about 8-9 now. When they are rescues they don't know their exact age. Attached is a pic when we first got her and some more recent ones. She absolutely LOVES the lake.

The last picture is one of Our dog and cat watching the catfish in the lake after we had put out some fish food in the water.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370532693.142941.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  53.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370532747.841089.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  88.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370532787.839237.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  85.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370532815.865288.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  33.5 KB

This is the link to Golden Retriever of North Texas if you are interested. http://goldenretrievers.org/
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Kira being the lookout on Sunday.

Attached Images

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: '87 MasterCraft ProStar 190 w/powerslot
Here is a shot of our new Puppy Keeley.