Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,348
Thanks! I'm not done yet, but I'm really pleased with the way she's coming out. She won't win any "best of show" or "best of class" awards, but she's 200% better than she was when I started.
__________________
/ \

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-07-2006, 10:41 AM
HdGPS190's Avatar
HdGPS190 HdGPS190 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 1988 ProStar 190, Indmar 351 (240 HP) w/ Power Slot
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 20
Great job. I've learned a great deal on Team Talk, but this post has been invaluable. You've inspired me to tackle my well worn 88 PS 190. Where are you getting your rub rail from?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:10 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
I still need to do this. I've never seen one of those markers. Who sells them?
Black permanent markers, Sharpie (Various sizes), Marks-A-Lot, etc. work well for quick emergency use, for small knicks, screwheads, frame ends and the like, but large patches and deep scratches will require proper preperation and refinishing with a mix of paint between flat and semi-gloss or satin.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Thanks! I'm not done yet, but I'm really pleased with the way she's coming out. She won't win any "best of show" or "best of class" awards, but she's 200% better than she was when I started.

You never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some before pictures displayed at a Reunion will show people where it's been and it will not go unnoticed. I competed against a 1986 in 1996 that had never won an award, that was a total disaster for 2 years and in one year it won "1st in Class" and "Best of Show".
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by HdGPS190
Great job. I've learned a great deal on Team Talk, but this post has been invaluable. You've inspired me to tackle my well worn 88 PS 190. Where are you getting your rub rail from?
I had a local boat parts store order one from this supplier: http://www.tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html
__________________
/ \

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
HdGPS190's Avatar
HdGPS190 HdGPS190 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 1988 ProStar 190, Indmar 351 (240 HP) w/ Power Slot
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
I had a local boat parts store order one from this supplier: http://www.tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:57 PM
thijs's Avatar
thijs thijs is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 1994 Prostar 205, Indmar 5.7 w/ Velvet Drive 1:1
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 812
Quote:
Great job. I've learned a great deal on Team Talk, but this post has been invaluable. You've inspired me to tackle my well worn 88 PS 190. Where are you getting your rub rail from?
You know it is a TT requirement that you document your restorations in a thread, right??? You just have to let us watch.
__________________
BOATLESS
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Dr.Hunter S. Thompson
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 12-07-2006, 01:26 PM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijsvogelzang
You know it is a TT requirement that you document your restorations in a thread, right??? You just have to let us watch.
That's what I thought

Seriously, I've learned so much on this site, and especially from people's help on this thread, that I thought I should return the favor. Thanks to everyone. (plus I just like to show off! sorry Gene!)
__________________
/ \

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Kevin 89MC's Avatar
Kevin 89MC Kevin 89MC is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1989 Prostar 190, 351 Indmar
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,083
Shepard . . . wow, wow, wow! Your boat looks incredible! I can't wait until I can set the time (and money) aside to tackle mine. It's in about the same shape as yours was. Very nice work! Thanks for documenting your process, that will really help me down the road.
Kevin
__________________
1989 ProStar 190 with "Safe T Top", 351 Ford, GT 40 heads painted Ford Blue, Elec. Ign, 1:1, 720 hours, 4 blade prop, PP 6.5, removable platform brackets, custom color from factory, hot water shower, Boat Buddy & LED lights on trailer
2010 D3 Z7, 2 @ 32 off, 34 mph so far
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
shepherd's Avatar
shepherd shepherd is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Location: South Coast
Posts: 7,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1
You never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some before pictures displayed at a Reunion will show people where it's been and it will not go unnoticed. I competed against a 1986 in 1996 that had never won an award, that was a total disaster for 2 years and in one year it won "1st in Class" and "Best of Show".
Harold, I've seen pics of your boat and trailer.
My rig wouldn't stand a chance at any reunion that you attend. But I'd still like to participate in one some time in the near future. If I do, hopefully I'll see you there.
__________________
/ \

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.