Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Secret Spot Broadcast Debut

Greetings from the Callaway Brothers!
I apologize up front to be so late in getting this out, but “The Secret Spot” will debut this Sunday at 7:00pm (October 22nd), on The WaterChannel.As of a few weeks ago, the Water Channel went 24/7 on Dish Network and TimeWarner Cable to an approximate audience of 16 million viewers. Before theywere running under the umbrella of the R & R channel. Within the year, theyplan to be adding additional networks to a potential viewing audience of 46million.
We have been waiting for this to happen so that we could release the movie to them. They will be airing “The Secret Spot” 24 times over thenext 12 months.As far as an update on other productions, we are still working on getting the “Off The Dock” series off the ground. Curtis (cinematographer brother)has been traveling the world working on some really top-notch projects. Such as:The Lionfish project off the East Coast, working with NOHA.The Red Tide project.Everglades project.The Pirate Radio project in England.And, we have been informed that he will be jet setting around the world withHenry Kissinger shooting a documentary about his legacy. All of the above projects will be shot in 1080i High Definition. The SecretSpot has helped propel his career greatly. Apparently, the footage fromthe movie has blown away many of the above producers as to the quality andhis ability to shoot from precarious situations. Such as out of boats moving 43 mph, while standing up on the engine cover and holding to nothingbut a tall skylon post. All the while, the camera is acting like a sail inthe wind… and he still walked away with rock solid images.

Once again, I apologize for getting this out late. We have spent about 2weeks in ICU and almost lost Mason. We thank God he is still with us andmany of the doctors are calling him the miracle boy. We are also proud toannounce the birth of Nina Kay Callaway. She was born on July 25th and willhopefully give Michelle Simpson, Anne Hamilton, Eileen Berry and NikkiPendegraft and a run for their money in Women’s slalom in about 17 years.We wish you the best,Gavin M. CallawayCallaway Brothers FilmsP.S. For the musicians that were a part of the movie, I need current contactinfo and address on you.

Last edited by Ric; 10-20-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Ya, I have one
Got my DVR set. It comes on at 9pm here in Indy and will be played 4 times in a row. Show says it runs 30 minutes. Thank you for getting this on TV. I emailed The Water Channel and asked them to please air more non-professional waterski and wakeboard/surf shows. Maybe have local riders from different areas submit video and make a compilation show. Just thinking out loud.

Curt
Old 10-20-2006, 10:17 AM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomskifreak
Thank you for getting this on TV.
Curt,

Your welcome, hopefully they can provide you and the many others on the board w/ some hightime quaility view'n
- ENJOY!

I AM NOT EMPOLYED OR HAVE I EVER BEEN W/ WATER CHANNEL!

All I did for you guy's was make a couple of phone calls ...

Last edited by atlfootr; 10-20-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:20 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlfootr
Curt,

Your welcome, hopefully we can provide you and the many others on the board w/ some high time quaility view'n - ENJOY!
alright atl
please elaborate on your role in bringing this to tv...
Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
MC Addict

Now is it clear?

Last edited by atlfootr; 10-20-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:26 AM
MC Addict

elaborate please

Ric,

Go back and read my past posted threads regarding "The Water Channel," it's self explanatory
Old 10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

I know there is a way to burn the DVR recordings to your computer, just don't know how. Anyone? Is it illegal? As if I really care.

Curt
Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Just noticed that the movie is 2 hours in length. Does that mean that the movie is divided into 4 sections 1/2 hour each on The Water Channel? Not sure why they did that.

Curt
Old 10-20-2006, 05:41 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomskifreak
I know there is a way to burn the DVR recordings to your computer, just don't know how. Anyone? Is it illegal? As if I really care.

Curt
If it has a firewire or USB2 port on it, you can run that to your computer and do a capture with various software packages. If all it has are RCA outs, you can use a camcorder to record it, then do the transfer from there with some quality loss. The DVD is pretty cheap on ebay and easier than going to the trouble of converting it.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Gavin,

The movie rocked! I expect a call when you decide to do SS-2! You needed some jumping! Tell Craig that I said hello!

Mike Spence

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :