Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
Opinions on a wakeboard

Good, bad, indifferent...
Client brought this by dropped it off while I was out of the office.. Just sold his MC to buy a set of dirt bikes... Left note says we'll talk $$$ when he can stop back by... what is your opinion??? what would you pay?? "The State 145" by Hyperlite.. Liquid Force "Alpha" bindings
Thanks in advance for the input

Name:  wakeboard.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  90.6 KB
Name:  wakeboard1.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  127.4 KB
Name:  wakeboard2.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  78.3 KB
Old 10-18-2006, 02:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-Star 2008 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by monte72
Good, bad, indifferent...
Client brought this by dropped it off while I was out of the office.. Just sold his MC to buy a set of dirt bikes... Left note says we'll talk $$$ when he can stop back by... what is your opinion??? what would you pay?? "The State 145" by Hyperlite.. Liquid Force "Alpha" bindings
Thanks in advance for the input
Not a bad board.....I don't know what your riding level is, but the nice thing about the "State" models is that they are actually set-up to make riding switch easier. The way the channels are set up on the bottom allows this. As far as price, couple hundred bucks maybe. I am not sure, haven't paid for one for awhile.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeler
Not a bad board.....I don't know what your riding level is, but the nice thing about the "State" models is that they are actually set-up to make riding switch easier. The way the channels are set up on the bottom allows this. As far as price, couple hundred bucks maybe. I am not sure, haven't paid for one for awhile.
Thanks.. the riding level here is recreational... but I do it every weekend.. can clear the wake, do a few grabs, but don't forsee flips in the near future..
Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 01 X-Star
Skeeler, please correct me if I am wrong, for I am a wakeskater not a wakeboarder, but isn't the State setup for different toe and heel edges as opposed to the switch setup that was on the Murray(?).

Monte, everyone that I know with the Alpha bindings really likes them. Hard to go wrong there.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Monte, you may want to factor in if this client is going to give you more business in the future? You may not want to low ball him. I always find it best to see how much they want to get out of used item - sometimes you can get it for lower than you thought and that way if they want too much - it's out in the open and you won't offend him by offering too little.

Don't know what it's worth, but it looks like a decent board with nice bindings.

On wakeside website the 2007 model gets good reviews and the board runs $300.00 and bindings are $168.00.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peason
Monte, you may want to factor in if this client is going to give you more business in the future? You may not want to low ball him. I always find it best to see how much they want to get out of used item - sometimes you can get it for lower than you thought and that way if they want too much - it's out in the open and you won't offend him by offering too little.

Don't know what it's worth, but it looks like a decent board with nice bindings.

On wakeside website the 2007 model gets good reviews and the board runs $300.00 and bindings are $168.00.
Most likely will be dealing with him in the future... Wouldn't low ball him anyway, really just trying to make sure of the value factor. I really wish he would have left the amount he wants for it on the note.. I don't mind paying for it just don't want to pay more than its worth... But that is the great unknown..... Thanks for the input on the reviews and current pricing ...
Old 10-18-2006, 04:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '02 X5 a.k.a."Lil Mule"
Good board and bindings.

I bought '05 Alphas new last fall (for my old lady) for $150 and you could buy that board new for probably $250.00 if you looked around.

It looks great from the pics...$200-$250 = friend price. $300 might be market value (e-bay). Of course, he might have paid $500 for that set-up new at the beginning of last year, barely used it and think it's worth $400...you never know.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '02 X5 a.k.a."Lil Mule"
Does he drive a Honda or a Mercedes?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
I road the State 145 only one time, it is a very stable board, good pop, but IMO It was slow, might have been because it was big for me, but a good board.

The alpha bindings are Comfortable I road them before I went to CWB hinge bindings, after having the hinge bindings I will never go back.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
I own the state 140 and im just a recreational ride, it is a very stable board and has decent pop. One of my buddies was doing scarecrows and tantrums on it behind my 1978 with NO wake or ballast or no flyhigh. I would say about 300 would be a good price for it.