Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 12-11-2004, 11:59 PM
_JR

Switch Panel

Anyone know where I can find the switch panel for a 94 ProStar 190?

The cover is plastic and has cracked in a few places...looking at removing the switches and having one made out of aluminum, but if I can find one, it would be easier!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Did you call Mastercraft yet?

An aluminum one would work better, but anodized tends to develop a weird color over time from UV and certain cleaning supplies. There are places in most larger cities that make panels for industrial applications and could duplicate the original. They should be listed in the phone book.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:15 PM
_JR

JimN -

Yep, called my local dealer, and they don't have anything that old...recommended removing the existing cover and having an aluminum one made, which I am considering...will advise!
Old 12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 Prostar 205
You can get a duplicate made at a trophy shop made out of plastic they use for plaques. last one cost me 70 bucks.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
TAP plastics sells plastic sheets with various textures and thicknesses by the square foot if you are handy with a scroll saw.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:40 AM
_JR

Thanks for the good ideas guys, I will look into it!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft 197 TT
JR

Any updates on your attempts to find or fabricate this switch panel? Please share what you've found, if there's been any updates.

I have an '89 MasterCraft and the corners of the panel have cracked or broken off.

Bongo
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 PM
_JR

At the moment, I have taken the lazy way out and have used some finish washers to secure the panel in place.

I have contacted a local machine shop, and am waiting on them to give me a price to machine a replacement part from aluminum and to engrave the desired labels for each switch.

Will advise once I get more info.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by _JR
At the moment, I have taken the lazy way out and have used some finish washers to secure the panel in place.

I have contacted a local machine shop, and am waiting on them to give me a price to machine a replacement part from aluminum and to engrave the desired labels for each switch.

Will advise once I get more info.
I had a similar problem. The corners of the switch face plate cracked off leaving a poor appearance. I decided to try using #8-10 black plastic screw covers to hide the broken corners. I found these at my local Lowe's home center in the specialty hardware section.

After installing them on the corners I decided to add them to all the face plate screws to make it look uniform. An added benifit of using these is that they act as washers which seems to reduce stress on the remaning screw holes on the face plate thus, hopefully, preventing further cracking.

I'm happy with the way it looks now and it's certainly a lot easier, and less expensive, than having one fabricated.
Name:  switch_panel_01.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  screw_cover.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  switch_cover_03.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  58.7 KB
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
I got a template from someone on here once. They applied a carbon fiber-looking decal over a sheet of plastic.

I'll have to dig around for that file.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ryan; 08-30-2006 at 03:31 AM.