Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
Property Owners Assoc.

I live 100k off the lake in a Golf/ Lake community (ie I can see the lake, throw rocks to the lake, but have to walk across the street thru the buddy's yard to get there...) How come it is that if you live on the lake you can build an enclosed dock to store the big toy. But you live off the lake and can't construct an additional storage bldg at all?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:41 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monte72
I live 100k off the lake in a Golf/ Lake community (ie I can see the lake, throw rocks to the lake, but have to walk across the street thru the buddy's yard to get there...) How come it is that if you live on the lake you can build an enclosed dock to store the big toy. But you live off the lake and can't construct an additional storage bldg at all?

Politics most likely. I live in the same type of community. Take a look at who serves on the board. In my situation all but one of the committee members lives on the lake. Theres your answer.

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 AM
MC Addict

Very true!! I have even asked If I can build a dock in my back yard... They weren't amused...
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: In Search Of...
I live in a communist community and can't do it either Monte. Must be attached to the house. We're not allowed to ride any type of 2 wheeled motorized vehilcle. I bought my son a go-ped and the security stopped him and made him walk it home. Bunch of OLD FARTS!!!!

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
I live in a communist community and can't do it either Monte. Must be attached to the house. We're not allowed to ride any type of 2 wheeled motorized vehilcle. I bought my son a go-ped and the security stopped him and made him walk it home. Bunch of OLD FARTS!!!!
I can't say they've banned two wheel vehicles.... Yet.... you never know though. It only takes one OLD FART and One Harley "sneaking up" on them to get that ball rolling. I was in the process of getting quotes b/c I had noticed some other outbuildings.... You know.. ask for forgiveness... Danged if they aren't making those people tear them down now???? Just got the memo form the POA this AM... Thank the Lord that I didn't start... The best quote two bay to match the house was 10k the best to add two bays to my garage??? 25k Of course I would rather just add, but the difference is Crazy
Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1, 310RTP
Not to threadjack too much here, but doesn't it just suck that we can't race around our neighborhoods on minibikes like we did back in the 70's?

We still do it a bit on our dirtbikes, but we're always looking over our shoulders and making sure we don't stay out long enough for the cops to make if from downtown out to our edge of town.

I miss the days of unbridled minibike and go kart chaos in the streets. We even had a kid whose Dad had one of those 3 wheeled Cushmans that used to tear around with us.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1976 Mastercraft Stars & Stripes 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not to threadjack too much here, but doesn't it just suck that we can't race around our neighborhoods on minibikes like we did back in the 70's?
Yeah, those were the days...

The hill above our house was wide open for dirtbike riding...Sometimes we'd get stopped by the sheriff, but only to make sure we had spark arresters!!!

Our '76 Stars & Stripes

Canis meus id comedit
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 PM
MC Addict

Luckily the kids in my n-borhood still do that.. That's what sold me on the place. (well the women walking with their children in the streets) My old home was in the historic dist. traffic everywhere plus 15 min ride to lake. Even felt unsafe on the sidewalks there....
I know that the reason for a POA is to keep the value up on property, but I don't understand the double standard...
Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
That's why I love my hood. The communist here only care if your yard is cut and you don't have junk around the house and boats and RV's are out of sight. Of course the marina has to be kept clean, other than that I see kids on golf carts and an occasional mini-bike cruising around w/kids and adults. Pretty much no one cares unless it gets out of hand with the mini-bikes. Even the Harley can get in and out without even a frown, just alot of waves and smiles!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2009 HD Street Glide

Beer:Ballast Point IPA's

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby150
That's why I love my hood. The communist here only care if your yard is cut and you don't have junk around the house and boats and RV's are out of sight. Of course the marina has to be kept clean, other than that I see kids on golf carts and an occasional mini-bike cruising around w/kids and adults. Pretty much no one cares unless it gets out of hand with the mini-bikes. Even the Harley can get in and out without even a frown, just alot of waves and smiles!
You have to cut your grass?????? And keep a clean yard??
yep other than the outbuilding thing, I guess I am satisfied..... especially after hearing that some don't allow two wheel motorized land conveyances... I really hate it for the folks who have to tear their outbuildings down or face fines and liens... One of them is the garage I pointed out to the contractor that I wanted him to mimic... That guy has got to be PI$$ED. I've never met him but, I really hope he's not the serial killer type.....