Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2017, 08:28 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
New to me X10

Picked up a new boat Friday night. Its a 2002 X10. Its my first boat, I grew wake boarding behind a Prostar 205 and have been away from boats about 5 years until now. We took it out Saturday and it worked flawlessly. We tried surfing and I could ride about 10 seconds without the rope be would slowly fall back on the wave, just not quite enough push. It has the stock ballast so I guess I just need to play around with moving the weight around. I also just ordered a nauticurl wake shaper so hopefully this will help. Any tips with this would be great.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Awesome boat and you will enjoy it ... I'm sure with some extra ballast you'll be able to dial it in well

Huge congrats and welcome to tt
Old 07-24-2017, 08:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Nice rig and congrats on a nice boat purchase! You will dial in your ballast and wake ... not to worry!

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 07-24-2017, 09:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
You need a V-bag under your front seats. I plumbed mine into the overflow from my center ballast so it would fill with the same pump. It also helps tremendously to take out the factory ballast in the rear and replace with 750# bags. For wakeboarding, filling up all 4 bags works well. Getting that nose pushed down some helps to clean the wake up. For surfing with a suck-gate or similar, fill the back bags up completely, center full, and front bag maybe 1/2 full or a little less is what I've found to be the best. Not a huge surf wave, but clean and really easy to ride. It does seem that we surf a little slower behind my boat than some of friends with bigger waves, like right around 10mph
Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 AM
TT Newbie

I was used to the wake of the old Prostar and got behind this and at surf speed its insane how big this wake is. Hopefully this weekend we will get it more dialed in. Also the guy I bought it from stored it in his garage so he would fold the tower down but recently forgot to fold down the bimini top so the legs are all bent up and duck taped together which works for now, but I will eventually need a new top, how should I go about this? It looks like the bimini tops are pretty standard and they have them on amazon for around $100 to $150, would one of these work?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
agree with 73blue. my hull is similar and definitely a suck gate helps. i don't have the v sac in the bow but it would be a great addition. i usually lay my fat arse up there if i don't have to drive. what lake do you boat on?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:56 PM
TT Newbie

Maybe those will be upgrades for next year I think I've spent enough already haha. We've been going to Lake Martin just outside of Auburn, AL so that will probably be our typical spot, but we will probably go up to Smith Lake occasionally also.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45 finally better then x-10
Had 01 X-10 and that boat was awesome and reliable. Have nothing but good to say about mine. When you throw ballast in the back be sure to reinforce your engine dividers. i just did mine in the 45 and it makes a heck of a difference. Check you KGB bag mine rotted out and had to be replaced.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
That looks like a boat that I saw for sale a few years ago near Asheville, NC. Great looking boat!
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
TT Newbie

So currently my boat is sitting in my drive with the cover on it, but in the winter I'm planning on storing it in the garage. I have measured several times and it will definitely fit however I will have to completely take the tower off, not just fold it. How hard will this be with 2 people? I wouldn't think it would be to terribly heavy. Also as far as winterizing it, it looks like that is pretty simple to do yourself over a few hours. Is it worth taking it to the dealer or just doing it yourself? It will be in an unheated but attached garage in Alabama so it rarely gets below freezing here and definitely never does in the garage as long as I have power. Should I even worry with winterizing the ballast in this situation?