Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 NXT20
New NXT20 owners, saying hi.

I wanted to introduce us properly. We just took delivery of a 2015 NXT20. We have been out for a short day on the water so far and just love the boat.

We came from a 2008 Cobalt 202. We had the Cobalt for Tahoe, but when we moved to Austin we really wanted a more family oriented do it all boat. The kids are old enough now to start enjoying watersports, and we all want to learn to surf. The wife wake boards, and I wake skate and board, but we really want to surf.

My wife laid down the law and said it was MC or nothing, so we started looking. Very quickly it became apparent we wanted a newer boat, but it didn't have to be brand new. Ultimately for our needs the NXT was a perfect fit. It has a modern surf/wake system, I love the understated styling, same Ilmor power, the MC quality, and everything we wanted without anything we didn't. Plus the price was about 25k less than the X10, so we kept that in our bank account which made me very happy.

One thing that we loved is the continuous and large pad in the rear. From experience we spend a lot of time swimming, lounging, listening to tunes, and enjoying a beverage while the kids swim. So the rear platform, full width step is something the x10 doesn't have.

The surf system was the real clincher, being able to move the wave side to side, simple ballast controls, etc. yes all Gen2 boats have this, but we where excited to see this existed at this price point. Is the wake a pro level wake? Not sure, but it's not horrible. It's great for wake skating, and we haven't surfed it yet, but the surf wake looks at least like it's got a pretty substantial pocket. I suspect push will be nice.

For options, We got the convenience pkg, surf system, carpet, 2 tower speakers, and Bluetooth.

After just 5 hours on it we have some things we want to change and/or customize. We had the dealer swap the teak swim step for a black fiberglass with the honeycomb pattern seadeck stuff. It looks great. I didn't like the Bimini but it's growing on me. I suspect we will want some sort of cargo Bimini anyway. We are going to put some more time on the water before we make any decisions. I also love the built in cooler, but it's a crappy cooler. No drain to bilge, not insulated lid, and the seat is not hinged so it's a pain to get into the cooler. We decided the cooler is for lunch, and we would do something else for beverages. I am thinking the Yeti Hopper soft side cooler in one of the rear lockers. I also want to change the BT100 for the BT200 but that's minor and not expensive when you get it aftermarket.

We are excited to start learning this boat and spending time out on the water in Travis and Lake Austin. Our Dealer, Boat Town was awesome to deal with. That's the dude from the dealer in the pic and my wife all giddy.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
TT Newbie

Pic upload
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
TT Newbie

More pic
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25
Beautiful boat! Congratulations. Sounds like your family will get many years of great use of the purchase! I'm sure once you get used to everything it will be awesome for ya. Cheers
Old 04-22-2015, 09:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Good call on the platform, although I do like teak the fiberglass is so low maintenance and does look good on the newer boats. That was one item I tossed around with mine when ordering.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: wooden, boat, 1908, putt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgorman View Post

After just 5 hours on it we have some things we want to change and/or customize. ........ I suspect we will want some sort of cargo Bimini anyway. ........... I also love the built in cooler, but it's a crappy cooler. No drain to bilge, not insulated lid, and the seat is not hinged so it's a pain to get into the cooler. We decided the cooler is for lunch, and we would do something else for beverages. I am thinking the Yeti Hopper soft side cooler in one of the rear lockers. I also want to change the BT100 for the BT200 but that's minor and not expensive when you get it aftermarket.

................ and my wife all giddy.
With additional reading here, there is a thread about every one of these mods that someone here has done with relative ease.

A clearer picture of the giddy gal would make me believe she is in 100% approval of the boat.
66 Million Suckers.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft Xstar 2006 MCX
Did it come with plug and play for rear ballast bags? A MC rep told me the 2016 will come with full P&P for rear bags, I also believe the bimini will be different. Love the boat! Enjoy!
Old 04-22-2015, 10:54 PM
TT Newbie

I don't see anything plug and play for bags no. I would love to see a new Bimini, hopefully both retrofitable.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
TT Newbie

Thx waterlogged, I read most of those threads previous. I am a long time lurker
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X20; 2014 X10
Gotta love going to Ski Shores on Lake Austin! Congrats on the new boat!