Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old Today, 12:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Boat is winterized for the season.. Winter can't pass quick enough

Well Mastercraft season is over. The last two weekends here have been needless to say "Crap"

Rainy, cold, windy and gloom.

Pulled the XStar out of the water... still looking good after these years. I think the FAE addition late this year is fantastic and I am glad I got it. Perfect for Surfing and boarding with a quiet boat. Thought I do miss the beauty sound of the V8 at speed.

Boat had a total of 575 hours on it now.. put on about 75 hours this year, so not to bad despite the cold weather.

Have a couple projects to do my the spring time. I put a chip on the black gel coat near the bow, so I have to get that fixed and then my depth sensor went on me... Not bad considering the boat is 6 years old. Also I do need 4 new trailer tires as these ones are dated and starting to crack on the tread and sidewalls from sitting etc.

Here are a couple pics as everyone loves em

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old Today, 12:38 PM
MC Devotee

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old Today, 12:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
How is the bottom holding up with all these years of storing her in the water? love your boat!!!
Old Today, 12:47 PM
MC Devotee

After 6 seasons in the water (1st Week of May till Mid October) Call it 6 months a year or 36 months "in water" since birth.

Not ONE blister on the gel coat. It's a testament of the quality materials that Mastercraft uses. I put one coat of wax on the bottom in the spring (meguiars NXT polymer wax)

I wipe the hull down in the water from Algae with a rag every month in June, July, August, September. Aka put on the googles and hold your breath and run er down. About 10 minutes of work. That's it!

Our Scout 145.. is the same age... it has a couple small blisters (pin head) sized on the back transom area and some odd spots on the hull. Scout is considered a premium brand also.