Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-06-2004, 11:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190
1991 PS190 Service Manual

Does anybody know of any good service manuals for a 1991 PS190? Something that covers pretty much everything if possible. I've looked around a little but haven't found anything. I'm trying to restore the boat a little at a time, but I don't like the idea of taking on any jobs that are too involved without a good reference.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
I'm doing pretty much the same thing, restoring a 1990 PS 190. I just got the engine running on the weekend so that's a big relief. I talked with Indmar and they do have manuals for the motors (I believe yours has the Ford 351) and the transmissions for $30.00. As for the rest of the boat I haven't found anything useful. The Mastercraft dealer in my area is hopeless.

Post back if you find anything as I'd like to get a reference manual as well.

Good luck with your project.

Bruce
Old 12-06-2004, 01:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Thanks, you too! I'll check out Indmar and see what they have. I still haven't found anything for the rest of the boat myself.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:45 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I believe www.skidim.com has service manuals.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
SKIDIM only has manuals for PCM engines, as far as I can see. I think Indmar is the only place with manuals for Indmar marine engines. You might find another supplier for the transmission manuals but Indmar has them so there's not a lot of point in searching.

Bruce
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
MC Hero

Sorry about the disinfo. On another thread, someone said that the velvet drive manual was included with Indmar's 351 manual (Total cost $30).

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
President

I have a 91 PS190 and for about 5 years after buying it in 93 I looked for a manual for it, but it just doesn't seem to exist so I abandoned that several years ago. Fortunately, everything is simple and basic on the systems so troubleshooting is pretty easy. I have had everything from steering issues, water in transmission, powerslot leaks, electrical problems, etc. Just have a look at it and think through the system and you'll be fine. Also the guys at Discount inboard marine will be more than happy to assist you in helping you sort out any problems and Rambo can help as well, but DIM knows everything you'll ever need.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:08 PM
MC Hero

Welcome, Mr. President.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club