Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
Seat bases

I am a new owner of a 1990 PS 190 which has no seats. I need to build both the back seat and the spotter seat. Does anyone know if the seat bases are available anywhere, or does anyone have an old cracked one that I could use as a template for a new one?

Since I'm essentially starting from scratch with the seating are there any suggestions as to how to improve the factory set-up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce
Old 12-02-2004, 03:34 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar 197, 2004, MCX, Tournament Team Edition
Your MC dealer can probably help you. Also, Overtons has some pretty good looking seats that will probably be a lot cheaper. You can go with a swivel pedastel seat for the observer like they did for some of the Maristars.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190 PowerSlot, 2004 22' Bennington Pontoon 90 HP Mercury 4-stroke
I have an 87 Prostar 190 and personally like looking over the windshield rather than through it so raised my seat by putting a 2x4 on edge between the seat base and the rail (actually I tapered the 2x4 so it raises the back by 3.5 inches and the front by only 1.5).

I believe they might have changed the windshield in 88 though to raise it slightly so maybe that would be too hard (I believe they took out the side windshield vents then as well).

In any event this is a personal preference thing and I am sure there will be plenty of posts to follow that think it is a bad idea for one reason or another (it does suck on those rare occasions when a thunderstorm rolls through and you get caught high tailing back to the dock and are pelted the whole way). It also reduces the clearance between the seat and the bottom of the dash which is a little annoying when you get in and out of the drivers seat (especially since the 87 didn't have a tilt steering wheel).

Anyway... one thing to think about.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Lance,

Do you have a photo of this. Also, my 87 has tilt steering. It must have been added.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190 PowerSlot, 2004 22' Bennington Pontoon 90 HP Mercury 4-stroke
BriEOD,

I don't have a picture of my seat base modification now but can get one the next time I am down at the lake. There is a chance that it will be this Saturday but there is also a chance it won't occur until after the holiday season. I'll post here when I get it.

Lance
Old 12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
Unfortunately I live on Vancouver Island and the Mastercraft dealer is on the mainland, and they have been less than helpful with anything so far. They quoted me $2,400.00 just for the seat skins and said that the back seat was unavailable. Hence, I'm doing it myself.

I think I will build a back seat and have it professionally covered because I'd like to have the rounded inside corners and can't figure out how to do that. I will also have the motor box recovered professionally. The spotter seat I will build and cover myself and I will purchase a new drivers seat.

I have some mechanical issues that I'm trying to deal with first and the outcome of those will determine how much I have to spend on the interior.

Thanks for the replies so far. All suggestions are welcome.

Bruce
Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 190 prostar
Lance

I am wanting to do exactly what you are talking about in your post. Did you ever get that picture? It would be worth at least 1,000 words

thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
Wow, this is an old thread!