Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 11-30-2004, 10:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 09 214 Prostar
Perfect Pass for MariStar

Well we had perfect pass (wakeboard pro) installed this past summer and love it .
But I thinking I should have replaced my tach instead of my speedometer (now remember MariStars do not have two speedometers). The perfectpass can be a little hard to read when it is really bright out. So .. I might add my old speedometer back in and take out my tach. I figured the perfect pass has a tachometer and a hour meter built and I could set the perfect pass based on the old speedometer and make small adjustment based on what the skier/wakeboarder is signals. Any thoughts?

Sully
Old 12-12-2004, 11:49 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 X2 350MCX
Send a message via ICQ to TalleyHo Send a message via MSN to TalleyHo Send a message via Yahoo to TalleyHo
I rarely look at my tach, so I can't say this is a bad idea, BUT...

How often do you change your speed? If you are just cruising around, I tend to ride at whatever speed the lake conditions dictate. I don't use my speedo here.

And when we have PP engaged, well, we do it once, then go. If the rider wants small adjustments, then I just give it a one up or a one down.

Depending on the variety of riders you have, perhaps you make more adjustments than I do.

Also - it seems that now that I have PP, I've become anal retentive and headstrong in wanting to know my speed to a 10th of a MPH. (I know, it CAN'T be that accurate, but still, its mental). You won't get that w/ an analog speedo.

Anyway, just something to think about.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Leroy

I'm with you Sully, I really hated taking my only easily readable speedometer out. Really wish there was an extra hole on the dash where the PP would look good and could leave stock MPH and RPM in. I still prefer having the RPM and can tell if something changes at idle or WOT easier than with speedometer or ear.

Even mounting one of the new bug eye enclosures on top of the dash like the new MC's for the PP might be good, ever thought of that?