Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via Yahoo to clemlochner
Any Skiers in Clarksville, TN

Looking for slalom skiers in Clarksville. Shoot me a note. I've got a 91 Prostar.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Hey clem,
Welcome aboard..
Iím not around TN, or all that familiar with the area. What Lake are you skiing on?

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 prostar 190
Clem, . I can't beleive what I'm reading. I'm also in Clarsville tn with a 91 prostar 190. I'm leaving in the morning for lake barkley. Have you been to the course at Cheatham Dam? I usually put in at Lock B. No traffic and great water.
BOYD
Old 09-03-2006, 07:36 AM
TT Newbie

Boyd, thanks for the note. I go to Cheatham Dam regularly. I've only tried the course a couple times. Part of the course was under water but I got a couple turns in. I used to go to Barkley but normally just put in at the conservation club in Clarksville. I'll probably stay local today but may go down to Cheatham tomorrrow.

Let me run something by you. When my motor gets warmed up it starts a little hard, like there is a battery problem. The battery is only a couple years old but I think the alternator is the original one so that might be on its last leg. What do you think?

Clem

Last edited by clemlochner; 09-03-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:40 AM
TT Newbie

Mark, I either ski on the Cumberland River east of Clarksville or on the other side of Cheatham dam near Ashland City. Where are you located now?

Last edited by clemlochner; 09-03-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:13 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemlochner
Mark, I either ski on the Cumberland River east of Clarksville or on the other side of Cheatham dam near Ashland City. Where are you located now?

Iím in Cranberry, near Pgh, PA. I get out on the Ohio mostly but when the wife and kids come along we hit Shenango Lake.
I can see from the upper right side of your post that you are in TN because you chose to include that info in your profile. I can also tell that neither boyd or you have any pictures in your gallery.. Whatís up with that??

Oh, and Doug, is that wrong?? (neither boyd or you).. Can a brotha get a ruling??

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 prostar 190
This is going to be short. Sorry. I'm just got in and I'm tired. All that boat driving makes a man tired. Clem, you can rule out the battery and alt. for a hard start, in my opinion. I'd have to hear it. But it's probably the starter. When you say hard start, do you mean like metal to metal load engage? Could it be the starter engaging on the flywheel?

Mark, I just haven't had time. Plus I've only been a member of this elite club for about 6 weeks. I had a brendella with a PCM.
I wasn't even looking for a boat and found a motivated seller. Sold mine in 2 days. I love the Mastercraft!! I think I liked the PCM motor better.
These boats were made to last forever. I love the quality.
I had a 91 brendella in avg. condition w/ 750 hours. Now I have a 91 190 with 398 hours in very good condition for $1700 difference, plus a sky pole, cover and rack.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:15 PM
TT Newbie

BOYD, thanks for the response. I have to get some photos on my profile one of these days. My boat has about 590 hours. Bought it with 330 5 years ago. You are right about the battery. I just had it tested and it is good. It isn't metal to metal. It will barely crank when I'm on the water which makes me nervous. I'd take it to the MC dealer but they are usually backed up about two weeks. Are starters hard to replace?