Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:15 PM
softailcowboy's Avatar
softailcowboy softailcowboy is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 2005 mastercraft 197 tt
Location: foothills No. Ca
Posts: 74
hydrofoil racks

I'm looking for a hydrofoil rack for my tower. I have a 2005 197 with an X-7 tower with a slalom rack on passenger side and wakeboard rack on drivers side and the racks rotate in and out. There are some rotating racks out there and if possible i would like one of those. Rotate the rack inward load the foil and rotate it back. I know some racks can mount either horizontal or vertical. I also may be interested in a stationery rack, but wonder how you load and unload foil? I see some racks are up on top of the tower and wonder how hard it is to load the hydrofoil? I also wonder what the weight is like on the tower. I have looked at 13th floor but there are no pics. I went to titan and theirs wouldn't work. Same with wake air. I don't have anything else on my tower such as speakers or lightbar. I would appreciate any feedback and if someone has something they really like pics would be priceless.

tnx Steve
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by softailcowboy
I'm looking for a hydrofoil rack for my tower. I have a 2005 197 with an X-7 tower with a slalom rack on passenger side and wakeboard rack on drivers side and the racks rotate in and out. There are some rotating racks out there and if possible i would like one of those. Rotate the rack inward load the foil and rotate it back. I know some racks can mount either horizontal or vertical. I also may be interested in a stationery rack, but wonder how you load and unload foil? I see some racks are up on top of the tower and wonder how hard it is to load the hydrofoil? I also wonder what the weight is like on the tower. I have looked at 13th floor but there are no pics. I went to titan and theirs wouldn't work. Same with wake air. I don't have anything else on my tower such as speakers or lightbar. I would appreciate any feedback and if someone has something they really like pics would be priceless.
Look at the Comptech racks on the SkySki site, see what you think - they have pivoting and non-pivoting racks available. Also, the Air Chair site has a Titan rack.

Or look here or here.
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
WakeSeeky's Avatar
WakeSeeky WakeSeeky is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
If you have the '05 tower, the foil will ride just fine in your existing racks.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Lake Havasu Fly-in
May 2 - 4, 2008
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Tom023 Tom023 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
Location: On the track or in the air
Posts: 979
I have the comptech rack, and although expensive, it works great. I cannot imagine putting a foil in a rack without the rotating feature, it sure makes life easier and from my perspective, a whole lot safer. I would hate to drop a foil and have it hit the boat.
__________________
2001 X30 LTR
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
softailcowboy's Avatar
softailcowboy softailcowboy is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 2005 mastercraft 197 tt
Location: foothills No. Ca
Posts: 74
tnx for the pic, never even thought of my rack.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
gr8smiles gr8smiles is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2005 X-Star
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom023
I have the comptech rack, and although expensive, it works great. I cannot imagine putting a foil in a rack without the rotating feature, it sure makes life easier and from my perspective, a whole lot safer. I would hate to drop a foil and have it hit the boat.

I have a 05 X-Star and found that the stock rack was less than satisfactory. I replaced the drivers side rack with the comptech swivel and love it. Holds that puppy rock solid. Expensive, yes....but welcome to the sport!
__________________
Rick

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
WakeSeeky's Avatar
WakeSeeky WakeSeeky is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by softailcowboy
tnx for the pic, never even thought of my rack.


We didn't either until someone showed us. You'll want a cover and/or something to wrap around the tower where the foil and tower could come in contact if the water gets rough. It's worked great for us, anyway.
__________________
Lake Havasu Fly-in
May 2 - 4, 2008
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 PM
SteveO's Avatar
SteveO SteveO is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
Location: Music City
Posts: 1,355
THREADJACK! Holly Cow, I went to the link and was a little surprised by the $ of those boards. I knew they were not cheap, but some of those are nuts. $5K
__________________
Current Boat: 2007 Blue and White X2 Switch
Previous Boat: 2002 White and Yellow 209
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Utahfoiler's Avatar
Utahfoiler Utahfoiler is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: MC, X-30, 2005, MCX
Location: Utah
Posts: 81
yes, but worth every penny. way too much fun.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 PM
AirJunky's Avatar
AirJunky AirJunky is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
THREADJACK! Holly Cow, I went to the link and was a little surprised by the $ of those boards. I knew they were not cheap, but some of those are nuts. $5K
No one spends $5k on a new foil as a beginner. But after their hooked, it becomes a lot easier!

That $5k ski is known as the LE or Limited Edition. Originally SS was only going to sell 50 of them. Last I heard they had so much demand for new LEs they were over the 400 mark. So much for limited demand.

Ever been to the Texas Fly-in? It's great fun but don't go unless your planning on putting a boatload of hours on your MC.
__________________
-
Bill
-former '94 PS205 owner. Still ridin my Sky Ski.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.