Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 08-22-2006, 12:15 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 mastercraft 197 tt
hydrofoil racks

I'm looking for a hydrofoil rack for my tower. I have a 2005 197 with an X-7 tower with a slalom rack on passenger side and wakeboard rack on drivers side and the racks rotate in and out. There are some rotating racks out there and if possible i would like one of those. Rotate the rack inward load the foil and rotate it back. I know some racks can mount either horizontal or vertical. I also may be interested in a stationery rack, but wonder how you load and unload foil? I see some racks are up on top of the tower and wonder how hard it is to load the hydrofoil? I also wonder what the weight is like on the tower. I have looked at 13th floor but there are no pics. I went to titan and theirs wouldn't work. Same with wake air. I don't have anything else on my tower such as speakers or lightbar. I would appreciate any feedback and if someone has something they really like pics would be priceless.

tnx Steve
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by softailcowboy
I'm looking for a hydrofoil rack for my tower. I have a 2005 197 with an X-7 tower with a slalom rack on passenger side and wakeboard rack on drivers side and the racks rotate in and out. There are some rotating racks out there and if possible i would like one of those. Rotate the rack inward load the foil and rotate it back. I know some racks can mount either horizontal or vertical. I also may be interested in a stationery rack, but wonder how you load and unload foil? I see some racks are up on top of the tower and wonder how hard it is to load the hydrofoil? I also wonder what the weight is like on the tower. I have looked at 13th floor but there are no pics. I went to titan and theirs wouldn't work. Same with wake air. I don't have anything else on my tower such as speakers or lightbar. I would appreciate any feedback and if someone has something they really like pics would be priceless.
Look at the Comptech racks on the SkySki site, see what you think - they have pivoting and non-pivoting racks available. Also, the Air Chair site has a Titan rack.

Or look here or here.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
If you have the '05 tower, the foil will ride just fine in your existing racks.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
I have the comptech rack, and although expensive, it works great. I cannot imagine putting a foil in a rack without the rotating feature, it sure makes life easier and from my perspective, a whole lot safer. I would hate to drop a foil and have it hit the boat.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 mastercraft 197 tt
tnx for the pic, never even thought of my rack.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom023
I have the comptech rack, and although expensive, it works great. I cannot imagine putting a foil in a rack without the rotating feature, it sure makes life easier and from my perspective, a whole lot safer. I would hate to drop a foil and have it hit the boat.

I have a 05 X-Star and found that the stock rack was less than satisfactory. I replaced the drivers side rack with the comptech swivel and love it. Holds that puppy rock solid. Expensive, yes....but welcome to the sport!

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Old 08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
Quote:
Originally Posted by softailcowboy
tnx for the pic, never even thought of my rack.

We didn't either until someone showed us. You'll want a cover and/or something to wrap around the tower where the foil and tower could come in contact if the water gets rough. It's worked great for us, anyway.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
THREADJACK! Holly Cow, I went to the link and was a little surprised by the $ of those boards. I knew they were not cheap, but some of those are nuts. $5K
Old 08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, X-30, 2005, MCX
yes, but worth every penny. way too much fun.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO
THREADJACK! Holly Cow, I went to the link and was a little surprised by the $ of those boards. I knew they were not cheap, but some of those are nuts. $5K
No one spends $5k on a new foil as a beginner. But after their hooked, it becomes a lot easier!

That $5k ski is known as the LE or Limited Edition. Originally SS was only going to sell 50 of them. Last I heard they had so much demand for new LEs they were over the 400 mark. So much for limited demand.

Ever been to the Texas Fly-in? It's great fun but don't go unless your planning on putting a boatload of hours on your MC.