Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
1998 Anniversary Seat Decals

I have posted on this before but now I have tried everything.

The decals that were on the seats of my 1998 Anniversary are gone. They have fallen apart. I have tried and tried to reglue them to the seats and they just won't stay and have simply delaminated into nothing.

I have tried many things to get the glue marks off the seats: citrus cleaner, Goo Gone, and various vinyl cleaners with no luck. I would like to get the remaining marks off the seats but I don't know if it is possible. Anyone dealt with this? Farmer, you out there? I'm sure yours have followed the same path at this point.

Since I am about 2 more seasons before I upgrade to a new boat, I would like to get new seat decals to put back on the seats before I sell it. Does anyone know if these are still available?

Thanks

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
Usally those are put on with heat. Different boat manufactures, Stratos comes to mind, tried this method and found out what you did, they don't stick.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:31 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
As for getting the glue out, the right amount of heat (somewhere closer to melt the glue than melt the vinyl) might be the answer.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Farmer recently posted about this and Jim@BAWS said that he could order the skins for the seatbacks in the vinyl and piping to match but it would not have the decals. You could either have an embroidery shop scan the emblem and stitch onto the new skins or just go without and frame the emblem as a little bit of history.

As for removing the glue I think the answer is you are probably SOL

Found a link to that thread http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ad.php?t=10373

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Last edited by BrianM; 08-01-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Yea, I got impatient last night and called Jim@BAWS. Apparently the emblem for the seats is unavailable. As for getting the glue off the seats I was told to try Acetone with a good deal of caution.

Maybe I'll just order new skins for those two seats. I like the embroidery idea. I could order new skins and embroider the old ones. That way if the embroidery looks bad I have new skins to fall back on. Anyone have that emblem already scanned in and on a computer disk? Farmer?

I know this is a FAQ, but how long are skins available for a 1998 Anniversary?

Thanks for that link Brian, I didn't see that one I was on vacation that week.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul

Last edited by captain planet; 08-02-2006 at 09:00 AM.