Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-31-2006, 12:09 PM
sanjuan23's Avatar
sanjuan23 sanjuan23 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Boat: 1992 Prostar 205 w/351 H.O. 4 Blade CNC Acme
Location: Tejas
Posts: 1,325
Man I wish I had the Camera Yesterday

So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.
__________________
1992 ProStar 205 351 HO Acme 4 Blade

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuan23
So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.
That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,823
I can think of several guys that it could have been. Not that hard of a trick if everyone is paying attention. I skied in a show when we would do 2 man ATB's and the driver would do it with both guys on slalom skis.
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
A good driver can really astonish a crowd, or make a whole act fail.......they never get any credit though.
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
gr8smiles gr8smiles is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2005 X-Star
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac
That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...

Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Rick

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,117
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smiles
Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!
*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
phecksel phecksel is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: '03 197
Location: Belleville, MI
Posts: 991
Like Erk said, that's almost all driver
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
gr8smiles gr8smiles is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2005 X-Star
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac
*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...

Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....
__________________
Rick

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smiles
Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....
I just shortened up to 60 and have had the speed set at 19. I'm trying to get consistent on the hops and and landings. Most of my wake jumps put me in the midline, but I've just started landing on the other wake. I think I'll give Lonnie a call and get the long line - I need the trick release anyway after almost drowning my buddy a couple of months ago. Then I'll start working up to 23 and move the power wedge back for more pop.
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
gr8smiles gr8smiles is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2005 X-Star
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 241
Speed it up some...I think that you'll be more stable. Also, with the longer line, you get more hang time, but you also get more good water between the wakes that is not propped washed out so bad....landing in the good water makes a huge difference. You may want to check out that B39....mighty sweet ride!

Come on down south to Tn. and we'll give you a test ride.
__________________
Rick

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.