Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 07-31-2006, 12:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205 w/351 H.O. 4 Blade CNC Acme
Man I wish I had the Camera Yesterday

So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory."
Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuan23
So we are out on the river and we normally see these two guys riding the air chairs and man are they incredible. Long story short pulling a friend on the wake board and notice that one of them is down and he is coming around with the other guy still on the line, somehow too far to really tell i just see the down'd guy pick up the line and pull right back out with the boat never stopping. Although I am still new to a lot of this this seemed like some of the coolest driving and riding I have ever seen.
That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
I can think of several guys that it could have been. Not that hard of a trick if everyone is paying attention. I skied in a show when we would do 2 man ATB's and the driver would do it with both guys on slalom skis.

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
A good driver can really astonish a crowd, or make a whole act fail.......they never get any credit though.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac
That sounds a lot like Gr8smiles and his son...

Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!
Attached Images

2005 Turn Bouy Orange X-Star
w/ 'Mastercraft by Design' Bling

Official Hydrofoil Junkie
Sky Ski B39 with Soft-Tail Seat
and Cinchmax Strap and Bindings
Old 08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
MC Platinum

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smiles
Not us Mac...but thanks for the 'shout out'....here is the kid last weekend...he just gets better and I have given up trying to keep up....

I do pretty much do a drive by when he skis, he just grabs the handle and I go....after pulling him and my daughter for over 13 years, you kinda get that driver/skier thing going....

If more boarders and skiers figured out foiling, they would never look back. This thing is amazing.....

Here is Sully on a wake roll the other day, see what I mean!
*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...
Old 08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '03 197
Like Erk said, that's almost all driver
Old 08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac
*sigh*...I just got to the point yesterday where I can jump wake to wake. Youth is wasted on the young...

Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....

Old 08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smiles
Mac,

What length line are you using? How fast? I am going at about 23, but we are using an 85 ft line with Lonnie's release....I am landing on the 2nd wake alot, but the hang time is incredible...with the long line we get a really wide arc so our air times are wild....
I just shortened up to 60 and have had the speed set at 19. I'm trying to get consistent on the hops and and landings. Most of my wake jumps put me in the midline, but I've just started landing on the other wake. I think I'll give Lonnie a call and get the long line - I need the trick release anyway after almost drowning my buddy a couple of months ago. Then I'll start working up to 23 and move the power wedge back for more pop.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Speed it up some...I think that you'll be more stable. Also, with the longer line, you get more hang time, but you also get more good water between the wakes that is not propped washed out so bad....landing in the good water makes a huge difference. You may want to check out that B39....mighty sweet ride!

Come on down south to Tn. and we'll give you a test ride.