Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Slalom Course on Berlin Res. Deerfield Ohio

Went skiing yesterday and much to my suprise there was a slalom course set up on the lake. BRAVO!! I just wish I would have gotten out there early enough to get in a pass or two. By the time I got out there the PWC and tubing Wallys were in full-effect. My other buddy went up and asked to take a pass and was granted permission....too bad he has a bad knee and had no ski with him.

The REAL sad part of this amazing sighting is that my buddy "casx2" was not there to take a pass at it. Craig, if I would have had my camera with me, you'd see the pics!

The question is, will it be there again in the future????

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 07-31-2006, 09:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Was it a portable course that someone just put up for part of the day and then took out when the "Wallys" arrived?
Keep in mind that a group out at Milton was able to work with Army Corp and Parl System to geta permanent course put in, and from what I hear it seems to be going OK.
On several occassions I have asked the rangers at Westbranch about putting one in, and the response has been that if they see it, they will make you take it out. Reason being... it impedes other boaters.

Hopefully you will get the chance to run it sometime, but if not, give me a shout and you can run with me.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
MC Addict

Yea, it was portable. By the time we got down to where it was it was about 10:30 and the place was swarming. I got in a slalom run (free ski) and then we cruised back down to where the course was. They were already tearing it down and Mr. ODNR was coming around the corner. I don't think that he said anything to them because he wasn't there very long and they had it down before he got there.

Craig and I were thinking about inquiring about the Milton Ski-Club so we can get on a course. It would be nothing to go up there in the morning and ski and then come back to Berlin. You know anything about that course or club?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
From what I know it costs around $200/year to be a member and it is a pretty tight course set-up. I am fairly certain it is an 8 ball course (overlapping) to allow you to get in 6 each direction. I recall that they had excavated a turn island, however, I think it is very narrow and not too many people drive around it, which tends to shorten your set-up even more.
As for how often it gets used, I couldn't really say first hand, but I do know one guy that runs out there in the evenings and he is having trouble finding a third all the time, so I might be able to hook you up with him if you want. Otherwise, I'd give our friends at MidOhio a call and see if they don't have the number for the person in charge of the set-up.
You guys are more than welcome to run with me some morning at Stillwater, just drop me a note and we'll figure out a time.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:07 AM
MC Addict

If the turn island is wide enough and deep enough to get a boat through, we would be able to make it. The turn island down at Ohio University was REALLY tight. So tight that the spray coming off the boat when you were turning would land on shore.

Anyway, time right now for us is pretty tight. If we were to get in touch with that club, it would most likely be next season.

I will keep in mind getting to Stillwater with you sometime.