Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 07-29-2006, 01:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X-30 & 1984 S&S
84 MasterCraft trailer axle?

I may need to find a new axle for my 1984 MC trailer due to a bearing failure. Are there universal replacements out there, do I need to go to MasterCraft, or do I need a new trailer? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:03 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Contact your dealer, because MC should still have replacement axles in stock. Also check with Northern Tool, Champion Trailers and Dorsey Trailers. Are the spindles shot or just the bearings races and hubs? If the spindles are OK, the you can get replacement bearing sets and /or new hubs, complete withe bearings. Also check with www.skidim.com for bearings and hubs.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X-30 & 1984 S&S
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what kind of shape the spindle is in; I don't know how long the hub was riding on it without the bearings. At the very least I'm going to have to get new bearings and hubs. I'm going to inspect the damage this evening and I'll know if I need a new axle or not. Thanks for the info.