Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X-1
Need New Prop - Which one...

I need to replace the prop on my 2000 PS 205

I currently have a 4 blade OJ legend 13 x 13 that is in need of some TLC

I need to buy a new one and have this one reman'd for a spare...

Can anyone make a reccomendation or two on what I might want to look at.

I have a 1:1 transmission and a Vortec MX Plus 5.7 engine...

Use the boat for Skiing, Wakeboarding, Tubing and Cruising.

Rarely if ever have the boat at full throttle...
Old 07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 X2, Yellow and Gray, 1996 Prostar 190 W/ LT-1 engine, New demensions wake tower, Pioneer system (love this boat)
Acme

I just got a new Acme Nabril for my 04 X2. According to Acme the 847 is their new all around prop. And that sounds like thats what you are looking for. Here is a link to their website http://www.acmepropellers.com/html/contact2.asp.
If you go there you can enter all of your boat info and one of their prop engineers will suggest which prop will be best suited for your boat and application. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ
I just got a new Acme Nabril for my 04 X2. According to Acme the 847 is their new all around prop. And that sounds like thats what you are looking for. Here is a link to their website http://www.acmepropellers.com/html/contact2.asp.
If you go there you can enter all of your boat info and one of their prop engineers will suggest which prop will be best suited for your boat and application. Good luck.

Did you go with a three or four blade?

Acme is suggsting three blade prop...I would be replacing a four blade...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 X2, Yellow and Gray, 1996 Prostar 190 W/ LT-1 engine, New demensions wake tower, Pioneer system (love this boat)
I went with the 4 blade. But, it's a totally different boat with different needs. The good thing about Acme is you can try the prop for 30 days and if you don't like it they will exchange it for you at no cost. Not a bad deal and you will more than likely never find a local dealer that will do that.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
I have 2 OJ 13 X 13 that I bought for my 98 ProStar. One is polished and the other one is not. I now have an 06 X-1 and they will not fit it. If you're interested in buying one let me know. Both are like new never dinged..... I can e-mail pictures.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Do you have a splined shaft? I thin the 847 is for a splined shaft...

I have a 13 X 12.65 (449 I think) Jim Thelen at Acme recommended this as a good over-all prop for a zero balast boat (350Hp LT1 1:1) we kneeboard, ski, wakeboard, and occassionally a tube has found itself attached to our boat

I also have a 13X12 (541) which is often recommended as a replacement for a 1:1 4 blade to 3 blade. Of all the folks who have switched to the 541 I have yet to hear a negative comment.

The 449 doesn't have the super hole shot like the 541 and it's been so long since I've had the 541 on I don't recall the difference, if any, between the two as far as top end or WOT RMP goes....

Call Acme and ask to speak with Jim, he will ask you a few questions regarding the type of watersports you do and if you use ballast or not. 1-888-661-2263

One other thing, these three blades are smoooooooth
I had the standard 13 X 13 OJ nibral, it vibrated, no visible damage, had it checked at a prop shop in town and the said it was IN cup and IN balance, still vibrated

swapped to the ACME and it was like a new boat
Old 07-24-2006, 11:18 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ
I went with the 4 blade. But, it's a totally different boat with different needs. The good thing about Acme is you can try the prop for 30 days and if you don't like it they will exchange it for you at no cost. Not a bad deal and you will more than likely never find a local dealer that will do that.
My local prop guy gave me the Acme 847 on demo. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted
Do you have a splined shaft? I thin the 847 is for a splined shaft...
I can't remember the number, but they have a prop with identical geometry to the 847 for a tapered shaft.