Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 10-30-2004, 03:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
New Decals!

My old decals were missing letters and I was unable to find exact replacement decals. Once upon a time I saw a 93 MC on Boattrader just like mine but with 98 chrome decals (with the skier shadow). Since then I have been searching for some sweet chrome decals. I figure the size of these compared to OEM are relatively like the Tournament 197 size compared to stock. I'm still searching for a matching set of Prostar decals to finish the job.

A few before during and after pics
Old 10-30-2004, 03:15 PM
MC Maniac

Ps

I have since buffed out those scuff marks on my transom and will get some pics on the water next week.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:39 PM
TT Newbie

Ryan,
Those graphics are great and would look perfect on my '90 190. Please post where you got them. I checked ebay (in the jpg file name) and found nothing. Please let me know!!
Doug
Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
TT Newbie

Oh. BTW-- my tow vehicle is also a black Disco II! Carma?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Photos look good....
Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
If you do a search for "domed letters" either here or in the archives, you'll find a source for them.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
MC Maniac

I got lucky finding them on Ebay. It's not often that genuine MC decals show up there. They are decal part number 758020.

I got the transom decal from my dealer, it is not drip-mold (or what ever you call them) and do not have the number for it. I should have posted the numbers when I started the thread. Decals are such a low margin item that I had a hard time finding a dealer to look up the right part numbers. Some dealers call them "Drip-mold", "Drip-molded", "Flex-on", or the mentioned "Domed". That part number ought to be routed to the whole set. I recomend cutting them in half, be careful with spacing, so that you can rotate the transfer sheet to follow the contour of the boat.

New pic, new tow vehicle. I love black... Red was #1 choice, but no one makes a "real red" Mid-Full sized SUV any more.

Last edited by Ryan; 05-03-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Black does look kinda cool, huh. I prefer the clean look though. Stripped all the decals off the boat & truck.

I have to get a new shot though. The truck now has a canopy & the boat has a new swimstep, dual mirrors & speakers on the tower.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:23 PM
MC Maniac

What did you do with your old platform? Any chance you still have the brackets for them?

My boat was without decals for about six months. That cleaner look is part of the reason I have not put on the newer Prostar190 decals. I still debate whether to get them. The look grew on me, but I didn't want the boat to be mistaken for a MB Sports.

I need some new wheels, but I'll hang onto these galvanized ones until I move away from salt water.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
I used the old brackets for the new swimstep. The old teak I'm currently working on stripping it down. Still not sure what I'll do with it. Either sell it or I thought of making a patio bench out of it. The PO got a rope caught in the prop & broke one corner of it pretty badly...... which is why is has a couple of long SS lag screws in it & I covered it with Traxx several years ago. Thought it might be funny as a bench on the patio.... kind of goes with the skis & boards screwed to the fence.

Same thing happened when I stripped my decals off. I didn't see the need to have ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION or 4X4 SPORT across the sides of the boat & truck. So when I got it all cleaned up, people started complimenting it, and I decided it looked pretty good like it was. Now only the true MC fans know what it is.