Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-28-2004, 06:42 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Hilarious - Straight Talk

I have no idea about the source or the website at the end of this. The video is funny though.

http://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%7B06D...IGHTTALKHI.ASX

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
ACT is at the end of this......America Coming Together.....Same group responsible for the post I made earlier, dipicting the 60's with a African American being hosed down, with the caption "This how they they used to keep you from the polls."

Irresponsible!

The ad is funny and would have fit on SNL, but coming from a "political" operative is another story.

Honestly, I can't wait till Tuesday. Only bad news is it really won't be over, only the beginning of Chapter 2. Court battles.

By my count today this is the 3rd new "anti" Bush topic. 2 by EastTx (who already voted and doesn't like to talk about politics )
And 1 by Knoxes who is clearly against Bush. Give it a break, I don't watch TV because I'm tired of the negativity, now here.

Alright, now bash away

Last edited by Stritt; 10-28-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Knoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th_197
By my count today this is the 3rd new "anti" Bush topic. 2 by EastTx (who already voted and doesn't like to talk about politics )
And 1 by Knoxes who is clearly against Bush. Give it a break, I don't watch TV because I'm tired of the negativity, now here.

So it's ok to post funny Kerry pics, but not about Bush?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxes
So it's ok to post funny Kerry pics, but not about Bush?
Why sure it is But I think this one is even better.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:06 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Costume?

Mag! How in the heck did you fit in that costume?! Very cool pic though. I would have used a real dog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Knoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
Ok, now that's effing funny.

nice work, mag
Old 10-29-2004, 09:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
I personally do not think it is ok to make personals attacks on anyone. I do believe that facts can be debated and that different opinions are a good thing. When it crosses into personal attacks is when I believe enough is enough. I also believe that it is dis-respectful. Comparing Bush to a monkey or Kerry to "Lurch" is crossing the line. If you don't like Bush because of policies or attitude, then state the reasons. Likewise, if you don't appreciate Kerry's view's then explain.

Again, the above ad is funny! You can't take that away from the production. What I do take offense to is that it appears to be paid for by ACT (see notes above). ACT and other political groups (including Republican) seem to have lost the meaning of ethical. I have had enough of the negative talk (from both sides).

I have a 14 yr old daughter that lives up north with her mother. Respect is something that her age group does not understand. It really is no wonder, considering everything that can be picked up on regular TV before 10pm. After watching different shows and cartoons, telling your mother to shut up is pretty minor...................Now we have the President and a Senator, 2 well respected positions in govenment calling each other liars. Used to be that you could call someone a liar without saying the word........not now.

Bash on.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
As an aside....anyone else find it funny that a canidate that said their were no WMDs is now ranting about not protecting the same weapons fast enough. Goes to show that people will say anything to be elected.

And Brian what the heck is HDX or whatever was in the bunker?
Old 10-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Leroy

I'd vote for Knoxes! Great pix, how did you do that?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:29 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
35th, if I could've cut out the plug at the end of the video, I would've. I didn't know who ACT was, and I didn't go to the website, which is something I thought I made pretty clear before posting the link. Just thought it would make some people laugh. I'll bet it did. It certainly wasn't politically motivated on my part. If that piece causes someone to change his vote, that's a pretty pathetic basis therefor.

Second, it's not that I don't like to talk about politics. It's that I don't like publically aligning myself with a political figure, which is why I don't talk about who gets my vote. That doesn't translate to doesn't like to discuss politics. I adopted this philosophy when Reagan was in the Whitehouse, and before I voted in my first election. I've voted for Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians. I try to be as informed as possible.

I posted this because I'm a Will Ferrell fan and would've posted the video if he'd been doing Kerry impersonation. As for the other picture of the dog pissing on the Bush sign, I figured what was good for the goose was good for the gander. Now I'll probably get slammed for comparing the candidates to foul. Just seems like a no-win situation, huh.

I was glad to see that you did find the ad funny. That was the point. Personally, I don't care if it's on SNL, some website, or whatever. It's free, it makes me laugh, and no pumas, bears, or devil-horses were harmed in the making of the video. Will Ferrell's not on SNL anymore, so I'm glad we can get it somewhere.

Everybody have a great day, ski if you can, and, most importantly, smile.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.