Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 07-02-2006, 09:39 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar
Best Maristar Prop

Hi guys I'm looking for some advice as to the best type and size of prop to replace the one I trashed on a log yesterday.
The boats a 98 Maristar with the Vortec MX engine, its used primarily for wakeboarding with about 1500 pound worth of ballast and 4/5 people on board.
The one I've trashed was a 4 blade 13.7x17 but a sorry looking spare that came with the boat is a 4 blade 14x20 and I suspect this was the original prop.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 X-45
i called acme marine and gave them my specs, i went with what they recommended. definately go with a cnc'd prop, no need to waste time with possible imperfections. they run so much smother.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:49 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Both OJ and Acme are very happy to talk to you about your boat and make suggestions. Likewise, both organizations will send you a prop, let you try it, and send it back for another if it doesn't perform to your satisfaction.

Look at Acme's web site. They have a little online form you fill out about your boat, and/or you can "contact us" them and they will get back to you.