Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X30
Touch screen dead 2013 x30

2013 X 30 winterized in October, dealer fixed issue with fuel gauge not working. Put boat back in the water today and touchscreen HV700 is dead. I've had this before when batteries are not fully charged but both batteries are fully charged. At first I thought they might have messed up anther connection when fixing the fuel gauge problem. I looked under dash, connections all seem good. Looked at electrical behind front staboard bow seat, I don't see a fuse that is specific to the touch screeen. Switched batteries around, no difference. Boat starts right up no other electrical issues. Took cruise for over an hour thinking it may need to charge more. Screen is still dead. Anyone had their screen die completely? I'm not sure what else to try.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-30, 2016, 6.0L
Mine went dead today. Brand new. 10 hours. Dead. I miss my '03 Maristar 210 VRS already.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft X-30 2014, MasterCraft X-10 2004, Correct Craft SV211 2004, Centurian T-5 2001
I have a brand new 4.3 screen from a 2014 X-30...if anyone needs a replacement?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2016, 06:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 MasterCraft X30
I've got a 2015 X30 that I bought new this Spring. It has given me the same trouble on a couple occasions.

The first time was with only about 30 hours on it. My touch screen came on, but all the readings were "0" and the ballast pumps and tabs were dead. Happily, it started working again after driving it around for about an hour and turning the ignition off/on.

The next time was about a week later. I talked to the sales guy who sold me the boat. He had me shut the ignition off, switch to duel battery, then turn it back on. I was told it was a weak battery issue. I bought a duel charger and have not had that problem since.

However, I have had trouble with my tabs on several occasions since. It seams to be a problem with the tabs activating or deactivation while using "auto launch". Usually it fails to assume the tab setting of the Active profile after the auto launch does its thing.

I have to turn the auto launch off (and leave it off) and reactivate the profile to get the tabs to deploy properly. I do not believe these subsequent problems have been battery related, but I don't know what is to blame.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 07-03-2016, 06:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X46 6.2L
I have had the same thing happen on my 2013. Boat started and ran just fine but screen was black. Turns out two breakers had tripped back by the battery switch. I think i tripped them when I was putting some things in that compartment. Simple fix.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X10 6.0, 1993 ProStar 205
Can you elaborate on what the fix was for the gas gauge? Mine has not worked since I unwinterized it last month. I have been planning to order a new sender to see if that will fix it but have not gotten around to it yet.

Tags
electrical, hv700, touch screen