Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 02-24-2015, 11:55 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
haha, never passing up a chance to show of that beauty!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 PS 190 S&S
Eastie, that was one of the first EFI offerings, was it not? I don't recall the specifics on their timeline, but I know I found those very easy to work on, and very reliable. Lotsa power!

I'm not much of a brand loyalist, and I own both Chevy and Ford trucks, but I like my Ford engines in my inboards....Nothing against the GM engines, they'll work too.

I hung out with Danny Harf a few times, and since he was signed by Nautique, but rode with a lot of MC sponsored guys, I asked him:

"Honestly, what's your favorite boat to ride behind?"

and he answered: "A boat that belongs to someone else. Cheaper gas."

Lol. Good answer.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
haha, never passing up a chance to show of that beauty!
MODS - can we ban this traitor?

Hi Doug!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 Gekko GTR22 (but I'm a MC owner at heart)
Thx. Shaunr, Any chance you know what that resistance should be?

Thx. TMr.MC, As far as we can tell, the temp issue has been solved by the new exhaust manifold risers etc. Vacuum leak doesn't seem to be a problem, we did a fast check over the vacuum lines but found none cracked or loose but will readdress using the carb cleaner idea. Typically any leak coming from the intake manifold area indicates a greater issue. My buddy's engine is pretty clean and he is a fanatic about keeping it clean and serviced.

Thx. E T Skier, we have exhausted ALL fuel delivery related issues. WE spent the latter part of a day last week only on fuel delivery and all associated components from the tank to the fuel rails. And yeah, that little tube inside the FCC is good. Definitely not a delivery issue except may be a bad injector according to shaun r above. Will check. All temp related issues seem to be repaired via new risers. Great spreadsheet!!!! Will definitely use this!!!! My buddy knows Jody well and now I'm wondering why he hasn't contacted him yet....Maybe he just likes to aggravate me by giving me this [email protected]%[email protected]## problem to solve . I know he has been speaking with cc.com so we are on the right track there. And BTW, Please quit posting the picture of your Boss GT-40. It's getting hard to clean the saliva out of my keyboard from all the drooling I do every time I see it.

Thx. ccm1976, I agree. That engine does ROCK!!! Bulletproof according to so many people.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
I am not sure of the Fords as I am an GM guy, but you can test all 8 and see if one or more stands out. I believe the 24lb SVO injectors were used and those were 14ohms. Video below is not mine but shows how to test and see. One reading too low will steal power from the others and cause them to run lean, reading too high means flow is limited and that one is running lean.

If this turns out the be the issue, rebuilding is cheap but more replace the set and move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x8bmZH7-s4
Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post
Eastie, that was one of the first EFI offerings, was it not? I don't recall the specifics on their timeline, but I know I found those very easy to work on, and very reliable. Lotsa power!

I'm not much of a brand loyalist, and I own both Chevy and Ford trucks, but I like my Ford engines in my inboards....Nothing against the GM engines, they'll work too.

I hung out with Danny Harf a few times, and since he was signed by Nautique, but rode with a lot of MC sponsored guys, I asked him:

"Honestly, what's your favorite boat to ride behind?"

and he answered: "A boat that belongs to someone else. Cheaper gas."

Lol. Good answer.
Not the first EFI in CC. They had a throttle body injected motor in 94. The GT-40 motor came out in 95. Loads of torque. Really smooth power delivery. Works well with standard the gear reduction transmission in the Ski Nautique of that era.

Love skiing behind other people's boats!

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:24 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
MODS - can we ban this traitor?

Hi Doug!
Equal time rule.
Attached Images

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
I love mine.

Love this pic Doug!

COSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $325 DELIVERED
REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $495 DELIVERED
Email - [email protected]
Old 02-24-2015, 01:27 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkreusch View Post
Thx. Shaunr, Any chance you know what that resistance should be?

Thx. TMr.MC, As far as we can tell, the temp issue has been solved by the new exhaust manifold risers etc. Vacuum leak doesn't seem to be a problem, we did a fast check over the vacuum lines but found none cracked or loose but will readdress using the carb cleaner idea. Typically any leak coming from the intake manifold area indicates a greater issue. My buddy's engine is pretty clean and he is a fanatic about keeping it clean and serviced.

Thx. E T Skier, we have exhausted ALL fuel delivery related issues. WE spent the latter part of a day last week only on fuel delivery and all associated components from the tank to the fuel rails. And yeah, that little tube inside the FCC is good. Definitely not a delivery issue except may be a bad injector according to shaun r above. Will check. All temp related issues seem to be repaired via new risers. Great spreadsheet!!!! Will definitely use this!!!! My buddy knows Jody well and now I'm wondering why he hasn't contacted him yet....Maybe he just likes to aggravate me by giving me this [email protected]%[email protected]## problem to solve . I know he has been speaking with cc.com so we are on the right track there. And BTW, Please quit posting the picture of your Boss GT-40. It's getting hard to clean the saliva out of my keyboard from all the drooling I do every time I see it.

Thx. ccm1976, I agree. That engine does ROCK!!! Bulletproof according to so many people.
Thanks. And that spreadsheet works well. Once you get it figured out, be sure to find the thread on CCfan about that spreadsheet so they can update it with your fix.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Equal time rule.
LOL! You better come out to ski with us this summer!

Tags
electrical, gt-40, pcm