Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2016, 01:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X10
Need maint done in North East Florida

Any one know of any good and reliable boat guys in or around Jax Fl?
I have a wire some were that is loose in the dash causing all electrical power to the dash to turn off to include the motor, everything else works fine. when I move the cable bundle under the console I can get it to come back and stay on for a wile but it is intermittent and I would like to get it resolved. any idea or comments are truly appreciated.

Last edited by SAR1; 01-10-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:39 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Sounds like my buddy's 2005 Prostar 197. He has a multi-plug connector under the dash with a bad connection that makes his gauges cut out but not the engine. Last year he temporarily held it together with zip ties so it wouldn't lose its connection. I think his was corroded from salt water use from the previous owner. Crawl under yours and check for that maybe just a loose connection at that plug, or dirty/corroded.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
yep, been here done this.. it is a plug, get under there and trace all the looms from the dash till you find it... get some contact cleaner and clean it out then zip tie it together... it will take you longer to drive it to someone than it will to fix it yourself ...
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X10
added info

this problem also kills the ignition, so when there is no power to the dash it wont start? any one got any pictures of what I am looking for? also what are looms? I appreciate all the help with this.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
I have no picture but you are looking for a red wire along with a yellow/red and about 4 or so more.. a black one too.. that is the same exact symptoms i had before...

Let me search and see if i can find the link to the thread...

found it

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=62113

here is the write up.. solution on page 4 sorta tells what wires to look for.. from memory I know there was a red, black and an yellow/red the rest I don't recall .. but it controls the whole boat basically.. follow the ignition switch wires red and yellow/red as those were part of the plug set..

Last edited by curver900; 01-11-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Tags
electrical, north florida