Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 06 X45 8.1
Toggle Switches are my Liberty! Was looking to buy a later model rig and researched the "out of warranty" costs and self repair/diagnostic limitations associated with these touch screen control systems........I'm out until I can afford to stay in warranty. They're really *****en until they're not.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:14 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 06 X45 8.1
LOL....thats not a bad word is it? Auto bleeped me.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X25
Where can the latest software updates be found for '13 x25? If this is posted, I must have missed it. Please direct me to that thread if so.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
It is not posted here that I am aware of. Must be obtained from your local dealer.

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190

Old 10-04-2017, 12:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Xstar 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I just recently switched out a screen that did some things like this.

It was changing the speed while we were going and would switch profiles randomly. Switched out the screen and its been fine since.

My dealer told me there was a bath of screen that cam out in 2013-2014, that based on the model number they known to have issues and MC was replacing them even out of warranty.
Hi Dave do you mind sending me your contact at your dealer? the screen from my 13 Xstar had an software update about a year ago and now the touch screen is nt wirking. I would like to send them the model number to check

Thanks !

PS: can someone tell me how to do a hard reset on this screen as well ? cheers
Old 10-17-2017, 06:11 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 MC X30 5.7
My '16 X30 screen was doing the same thing... dealer called it ghost changes and said maybe something was tightened too tight, screen was then changed under warranty at 20 hr service. New screen didn't have same setting options & profiles so I thought software had been updated, then screen began locking up and also went back to not interfacing correctly w/other systems (tabs retracting but profile active, etc)... turns out the new screen had 4 yr old software so it was reflashed at 35 hours when fuel pump & coil failed and were replaced under warranty. Only had one occurrence of screen locking up since, now at 70 hours after 1 calendar year of use.