Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommurtha View Post
speaking of bills!!!! That In depth video analysis that got you through -28 is overdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
bwuhahaha
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '05 Prostar 197 & '97 Prostar 205 (Grew up on)
I am a Connelly V man myself. I would say I am fairly intermediate. Heavy in free ski at 22 off but I am able to run a full course at least at 15 off (when I have access to one). I don't see a lot of other people mention that ski often but I really like it. When I bought it, I was able to try three different skis and I liked the feel of the Connelly V best over Radar.

Richmond, VA & Lake Gaston, NC
Old 10-17-2017, 11:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLKG View Post
I am a Connelly V man myself. I would say I am fairly intermediate. Heavy in free ski at 22 off but I am able to run a full course at least at 15 off (when I have access to one). I don't see a lot of other people mention that ski often but I really like it. When I bought it, I was able to try three different skis and I liked the feel of the Connelly V best over Radar.
You nailed it, try many different skis! This took a couple years for me, as I bought and sold several finding the one for me! I love my radar senate, but also like d3 as a close second. For some reason I always felt more comfortable on a H.O., but was terrible on the course with one.

Either way, only way to really compare them is on the course. Otherwise, just pick a ski if you're just wanting to spend money there's always great deals on ski-it-again.com

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Oh, and like others said. 67" is perfect for you

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 12:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I'm a heavier, older skier and have two skis I'm currently riding. I have a RADAR Senate with Vector boot forward and RTP rear. I use this ski for the clam protected water on the inland lake that I ski on. The boot is one of the most comfortable boots I've ever owned which is a real statement as I have wide feet and most everything I've owned to this point was painful to the point of foot cramps after a single set. I like this ski as it feels very similar to the EP Comp 1 I started on years and years ago. It's stable, forgiving and has a soft flex pattern that allows you to develop a progressive cut in glass to moderate (slalom) chop.

My other ski is a 2017 HO Freeride EVO that I use on Lake Erie which even when it's calm has considerable swells to deal with. It's no course ski but is great to just go out and ride on at slower speeds which is ideal for those rolling swells. I have the ski set up the same with a front boot and RTP. The bindings are not as nice as the Vectors but still very comfortable.

I'm happy with both skis for their intended purposes.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
Given winter is coming here’s a site to waste hours to days on....

http://www.ballofspray.com/home-page/gear-reviews

It’s like TT but filled with slalom ski nuts and novices. There is a ton of info there much of which is over my head but still fun to try and understands and apply. You’ll find Radar is a well loved brand with lots of options for different levels.

While I don’t disagree with coaching/ keeping your ski, I know how the upgrade bug can be. So if you are looking to buy check out ski it again for used gear. Great place to pick up a nice ski for a fraction of new. Worst case you resell for little to no loss if you don’t like it.

You’ll also quickly find that bindings can be another rabbit hole... slightly less options than skis but still lots of options!

Tags
ski, slalom