Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:43 PM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 951
Service Bulletins

Does anyone know if MC posts all service bulletins somewhere that we can see similar to what some car companies do?

I have a few open ones according to my dealer but I'd like to read about it, and watch for others in the future. If possible.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:50 PM
CrashCourse316 CrashCourse316 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Location: Michigan
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Does anyone know if MC posts all service bulletins somewhere that we can see similar to what some car companies do?

I have a few open ones according to my dealer but I'd like to read about it, and watch for others in the future. If possible.
Give this a shot, http://www.uscgboating.org/content/recalls.php

If you dont find it there call your dealer and they should be able to pull up the recall list and might be able to print the detail for you.
__________________
Sam
Website: www.SteadyPass.com
Email: [email protected]
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Guestuser123 Guestuser123 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Boat: 2017 xstar
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Does anyone know if MC posts all service bulletins somewhere that we can see similar to what some car companies do?

I have a few open ones according to my dealer but I'd like to read about it, and watch for others in the future. If possible.
Reading your boat info, My brother has same boat he had 3 according to the dealer.
Subwoofer test (Was wired up wrong from factory)
Software update (Wasn't anything wrong prior he complained now he has to accept some safety warning every time he turns on the key)
Bilge pump fuse replacement?? Not sure why something about needing to be a slow burning fuse?? I was confused too but if free then go for it! lol

Maybe just call and ask what they are.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 AM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guestuser123 View Post
Reading your boat info, My brother has same boat he had 3 according to the dealer.
Subwoofer test (Was wired up wrong from factory)
Software update (Wasn't anything wrong prior he complained now he has to accept some safety warning every time he turns on the key)
Bilge pump fuse replacement?? Not sure why something about needing to be a slow burning fuse?? I was confused too but if free then go for it! lol

Maybe just call and ask what they are.
I did speak to my dealer and he mentioned those as well. But he also added another one. Said it came out very recently around the electrical issues many of us are experiencing with the big dual screens. Some new wiring harness that is designed to mitigate electrical surges that have been causing my screens to reboot, lock up, or both.

I was actually hoping that MC would post them somewhere so I could randomly keep an eye on things. I'm very hopeful that there will be several software updates, and soon. The beauty of a system like ours is its updateability.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Guestuser123 Guestuser123 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Boat: 2017 xstar
Location: Northeast
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
I did speak to my dealer and he mentioned those as well. But he also added another one. Said it came out very recently around the electrical issues many of us are experiencing with the big dual screens. Some new wiring harness that is designed to mitigate electrical surges that have been causing my screens to reboot, lock up, or both.

I was actually hoping that MC would post them somewhere so I could randomly keep an eye on things. I'm very hopeful that there will be several software updates, and soon. The beauty of a system like ours is its updateability.
Well this harness update sounds interesting cause his does all those things just randomly...
I will get him to call about it.
Thanks !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:59 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guestuser123 View Post
Reading your boat info, My brother has same boat he had 3 according to the dealer.
Subwoofer test (Was wired up wrong from factory)
Software update (Wasn't anything wrong prior he complained now he has to accept some safety warning every time he turns on the key)
Bilge pump fuse replacement?? Not sure why something about needing to be a slow burning fuse?? I was confused too but if free then go for it! lol

Maybe just call and ask what they are.
Slo-Blo fuses are used when the current peaks strongly at the beginning of use and settles down to a level that allows it to blow at the correct Amperage. It's also the best way to prevent a fire if the fuse blows- the first thought for too many people when a fuse blows is to put one in with a larger current value and that means the pump or whatever is fused can burn up.

The reason manufacturers send bulletins is so their dealers can address the problem and report back on what they have found. End users don't usually respond if they happen to get these, they just try to fix it and move on. That doesn't help the manufacturers or other users. Also, most boat owners have no idea what they're doing, so it can cause more damage than it prevents or cures.

If dealers aren't diligent in making sure their techs are fully trained, staffed and they have the required tools and service literature, they automatically lose money and that's their fault, but MC needs to make sure the dealers have what they say they do and that's really hard to ensure because they are far smaller than automakers and hiring enough people to travel to all of the dealers would be very expensive. If their documentation is complete, turned in on time and they have made sure of the other qualifications, they're paid the full rate. MC and other companies have had to resort to paying dealers to fill out the warranty service reimbursement forms because they tended to avoid doing this. It's amazing because they don't get paid if they don't submit them or they may be paid a reduced rate if they do it half-assed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:01 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
I did speak to my dealer and he mentioned those as well. But he also added another one. Said it came out very recently around the electrical issues many of us are experiencing with the big dual screens. Some new wiring harness that is designed to mitigate electrical surges that have been causing my screens to reboot, lock up, or both.

I was actually hoping that MC would post them somewhere so I could randomly keep an eye on things. I'm very hopeful that there will be several software updates, and soon. The beauty of a system like ours is its updateability.
I would guess that the new harness has some kind of surge suppression.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 PM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 951
He said the wiring had some "in line" features that will manage it. I hope it works.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2018, 05:39 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
He said the wiring had some "in line" features that will manage it. I hope it works.
I bet they installed the enhanced gizmo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.


2018