Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2018, 01:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2007, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350x2 View Post
I just tried a slim wakemate on my 07 X2 Hull

No bueno

If there was another quarter inch between the steps on the hull it would work.
Check out the Wake-shaper. It's specifically designed for the X2 hull. We have a couple people interested. There may be an opportunity to secure the product at a discount if we get enough people on board. It's not a group buy though.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco47001 View Post
Check out the Wake-shaper. It's specifically designed for the X2 hull. We have a couple people interested. There may be an opportunity to secure the product at a discount if we get enough people on board. It's not a group buy though.
I have read that it doesn't always fit on the X-2 if you have a teak platform. Do you know how much space you need in between the platform and the transom? Seems like a great idea and more secure than suction cups. I have a BobV5 and it works great, but sometimes I need to fuss with it to find a perfect spot for it to stay attached.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisguisedRope View Post
I have read that it doesn't always fit on the X-2 if you have a teak platform. Do you know how much space you need in between the platform and the transom?
I have one of the early versions of the Wake Shaper and have a 2006 with a teak platform. Probably need about 1/4"-3/8" to get it to slide in. The nice thing about teak is that it's very easy to sand some off to make room it you need to.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2007, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350x2 View Post
I just tried a slim wakemate on my 07 X2 Hull

No bueno

If there was another quarter inch between the steps on the hull it would work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisguisedRope View Post
I have read that it doesn't always fit on the X-2 if you have a teak platform. Do you know how much space you need in between the platform and the transom? Seems like a great idea and more secure than suction cups. I have a BobV5 and it works great, but sometimes I need to fuss with it to find a perfect spot for it to stay attached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
I have one of the early versions of the Wake Shaper and have a 2006 with a teak platform. Probably need about 1/4"-3/8" to get it to slide in. The nice thing about teak is that it's very easy to sand some off to make room it you need to.
So I contacted him through his customer service page and he responded rather quickly. He claims no issues have ever been brought to his attention regarding fitment with a teak platform. I was curious about this as I have a teak platform, and I'll be ordering very soon.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Xstar and X2 hulls are completely different and not even remotely similar
I was referencing the 'step' design, and not the entire hull.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 07 X2, again!
I, too, have an 07 X2. Sure wish I had to pics to go along with this thread!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:23 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
that is way to difficult! I had the original wake shaper and it didn't fit. the easy way to fix this is take the screws from under the bracket and slide the platform back where the shaper fits semi tight and put the screws in the new wood. never a issue.

I ended up going to gsa because of wake push.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
that is way to difficult! I had the original wake shaper and it didn't fit. the easy way to fix this is take the screws from under the bracket and slide the platform back where the shaper fits semi tight and put the screws in the new wood. never a issue.

I ended up going to gsa because of wake push.
I probably did it that way I when cut down my extra platform to keep it from digging into the wave. Pretty easy either way.

My cousin was nice enough to save me the expense of GSA on my boat. He just ordered and XT22 so I think my boat's surfing days are mostly over.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2018, 07:34 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
I probably did it that way I when cut down my extra platform to keep it from digging into the wave. Pretty easy either way.

My cousin was nice enough to save me the expense of GSA on my boat. He just ordered and XT22 so I think my boat's surfing days are mostly over.
now cutting down the platform was a great idea and it looks great!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 03:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Trying to fit the WakeMate on the X2 Hull

So I ended up with a WakeMate and gave it a 2nd go at fitting on my '07 X2. What I didn't realize is that the X2 hull not only has lots of chines and small surface areas, but the surface area you do have to work with also has a gentle curve to it. In the curvy part of the Hull I could get 1 suction cup to stick well, but then the other cup wouldn't seal because of the curve.

The pic's aren't the best, but hopefully they will make sense.

After 10 min or so of literally trying one area and then moving a few inches and trying it again, I found a spot on the lower part of the hull that held BOTH suction cups well. The cups actually hang off the bottom about 1/8"... but I tugged and pulled pretty hard on the device and it didn't budge. I will update again after it warms up enough and I get my boat out on the water!

The only spot that I could get to work was just below the 2nd (from the back) screw on my rub rail. I just placed the black deflector part of the device directly below that screw, on the lowest part of the hull.

It seems like a great device... and for $85, if it works it will be great!
Attached Images

Tags
nauticurl, wakemate