Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-29-2018, 01:14 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Logano

So for 15 laps Truex Jr races him as clean as clean could be. He could have and should have put the bumper to him many times. Logano has a long history or racing ****ty with people and this is just one more example of it.

I can't wait for Truex, Bush or Harvick to put the boot to him!

History repeating itself!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=70694

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
I didn't see it. My opinion there's not enough taking people out on the last laps. All races should end up like this, then viewership would be way up.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:58 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: In Search Of...
I thought it was good racing. Truex Jr. did nudge Logano a couple of times but he didn't push him out of the way. Logano did get into Truex Jr. in turn 3 but he didn't wreck him. I think it's more of who did it to who. If Dale Jr. did this to anyone the crowd would have been cheering because it was Dale Jr.

Side by side racing going for the win is what I want to see and that is what I saw. I'll be at the Homestead Race in a couple of weeks. Let the "FIREWORKS" begin!!!

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Old 10-29-2018, 03:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
What Lagano did was very typical for him and in a sport where winning equals sponsorship, I cant say that Im surprised that he did it.

Its all about winning, so if he had to do something a bit dirty to win I cant blame him. I would have done the same probably. That win guaranteed him a spot in the final 4 which is huge publicity for the drivers and sponsors. In a sport where sponsorship is key (i.e. Truex losing his ride next year) there are the things your going to see. Is this considered bad racing, that I cant say either way.

I'm in no way a Lagano fan, but given the circumstances, I do believe that Truex would have done the same thing if he was in Lagano's position.

One of the ways that I look at it is that if your going to block someone from passing you, you have to be ready for them to move you.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:34 PM

He was in logano's position, for 15 laps and never booted him.

In the other thread you can see just how many times logano has booted people for a win. It's very typical for him to do so. That's why I said Truex should have done it logano because I knew it was coming just as soon as Truex got around him.

It's ok, someone will repay that favor; logano will not win the championship.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 10-29-2018, 03:37 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
He was in logano's position, for 15 laps and never booted him.

In the other thread you can see just how many times logano has booted people for a win. It's very typical for him to do so. That's why I said Truex should have done it logano because I knew it was coming just as soon as Truex got around him.

It's ok, someone will repay that favor; logano will not win the championship.
15 laps left to race and one lap left to race is completely different. Truex didn't have to do to pass him. But once he passed he started blocking.

You and I both knew it was coming especially with Lagano in the rear view. I'm not saying it right or wrong but Truex is a fool if he thinks people are going to race him clean with so much on the line.

I do agree that Lagano wont win the championship. Ill be surprised if he even finishes the race.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
I just watched the last laps and I didn't anything that was dirty. This is racing not golf there's going to be contact especially on the last lap.

Can you see Dale Sr. doing this? Absolutely and if you got taken out you just got taken out, that's racing and he would be the first to tell you its a part of racing.

Every race should end up like this one.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
15 laps left to race and one lap left to race is completely different. Truex didn't have to do to pass him. But once he passed he started blocking.

You and I both knew it was coming especially with Lagano in the rear view. I'm not saying it right or wrong but Truex is a fool if he thinks people are going to race him clean with so much on the line.

I do agree that Lagano wont win the championship. Ill be surprised if he even finishes the race.
Come on now, Truex could have wrecked him on anyone of those laps with the same intention of winning the race and moving on to the next round just the same.

Kyle Bush's words, you get raced how you race.

So when someone blast logano they are my new favorite driver. Just like when Matt Kenseth wrecked logano after logano wreked Matt 2 out of 3 races right before Martinsville.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
I didn't see it. My opinion there's not enough taking people out on the last laps. All races should end up like this, then viewership would be way up.
1000% agree!!!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Come on now, Truex could have wrecked him on anyone of those laps with the same intention of winning the race and moving on to the next round just the same.

Kyle Bush's words, you get raced how you race.

So when someone blast logano they are my new favorite driver. Just like when Matt Kenseth wrecked logano after logano wreked Matt 2 out of 3 races right before Martinsville.
I don't disagree that Truex could have wrecked him but he had the better car and lagano made a mistake so he was able to pass without hitting him.

But to say that come the last lap that Truex wouldn't have done that I cant say that he wouldn't.

Personally, Nascar needs wrecks like this to get people talking about the sport. I go to multiple races a year but it does get boring at time sespecially with the same three arealways winning.

What Harvick, Busch and Truex are doing is impressive but it does get boring. This is making the sport interesting.

if you are a Nascar fan you cant tell me that Dale Sr. wouldn't have done the same thing. Shot he would have done it at lap 15.