Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
I put a front hitch on my F-150. Best $140.00 I ever spent. No more neck pains for tight turns. Granted mirrors work fine for straight stretches but when you have a lot of turns......
front hitch.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
Agreed that power wheel barrow is unreal. I had no idea something like that even existed!

Found the old hitch in the box, and although it is a little close to the bumper, it is perfect. I think an extension would make it too long. I'm hoping I get to try it out this weekend!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Alright, I'm back to this. Front hitch helped the situation, but I have to say it's still a PITA. My truck is too large to maneuver without a spotter. Had a close call with the hydrant :-( Palm tree has been relocated, but I still need a better solution. Here is a pic before I installed the sprinklers:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370630881.068714.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  78.9 KB

As you can see, I have two major obstacles in my lawn. One, the fire hydrant. Two, the power pole in front (only the shadow shown). Also notice the large river rocks. Although I hate them, I don't hate them enough to remove and replace so they are staying. Can anyone think of a viable solution?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Master Craft Prostar 190 Fuel Injection
Why can't you park it in the garage? Or pave two strips for tire tracks so you can get it in there. Or you can get a trailer dolly from Harbor freight for $52. Your grass is going to look horrible affer manuvering it into that side gate. Your wife is going to hate you even more when the lawns torn up.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 205v ltr
I have a turn that makes it impossible irrespective of hitch position. I got one of those. Works brilliantly. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370650997.120848.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  33.3 KB
Old 06-08-2013, 07:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
I have a total of $450 in this trailer mover...granted it was a good deal but there are good deals on garden tractors everywhere. However, by the looks of things in your area people don't have lawns and so there probably isn't a lot of garden tractors on the market. The tongue jack wheel is off the ground, but I keep it close in case something goes wrong.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks for everyones reply. We shuffle between a small travel trailer, and the boat. The boat stays in the garage during the winter, and goes to AZ during the summer. Probably a total of 5 times a year going over the lawn. However, our current boat barely fits in the garage as it is, and we have been looking at buying a different boat sometime in the future.

After seeing Sethro's photo, I'm going to pursue a garden tractor. I would much rather have a power mover, but I'm not sure it'll work over the large river rocks. Thanks everyone for the ideas!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Prostar
As for the river rocks, just get yourself a few "old" sheets of 4 x 8 plywood. They don't have to be super thick, but it will make the job of pushing the trailer over those river rocks much easier and the push vehicle (mower, truck, wife in skimpy bathing suit) won't have issues getting over those rocks. I've been known to frequent construction sites scanning for plywood that they trash. After you get over the rocks, the plywood can be "stored" under the boat.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I already have my hands full with the one I have, two would bankrupt me!
Maybe just by the machine and 'rent' the girl.