Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 02-15-2018, 04:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 PS190, '05 X10 (sold) & '11 X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastar View Post
I just removed my pumps cleaned them up good new impellers and flipped the one that was upside down so if the seals fail it won't leak onto the pump. Pull that fresh water tank out for extra storage too. Let us know how the fresh water cooling conversion works out for you. I considered converting mine, but plan to keep it.

Good to know, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonet View Post
If you haven't already done so, consider replacing the ballast pumps. Judgin by the pics, they may be next on your list.
Boat is looking great all back together, ready for more fun!!

I have some ballast pump motors for sale if you want to replace them yourself.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=82230
Old 02-22-2018, 12:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Century MKII 1973 Ford 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
I guess I am not fully understanding the issue here yet. The worst things out these pictures is that the plastic engine cover looks terrible. Second behind that is the al wheels on a galvanized trailer that was clearly in salt.

So they did had some parts replaced. What was the problem? If it did not sink and it appears to be ok now, I am not sure what the concern is if the price is killer and has a warranty. Just know that maybe there is some future work and bugs to work out. It is not like you are trying to convince yourself that a low priced AMC Pacer is a good idea.
I agree with this...used is used and anything can happen but its through a dealer with a warranty. That would be pretty solid footing for me. Looks good, its a good price and if it runs good do it.