Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-06-2017, 04:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
OK, so scratch Chrysler. I wasn't aware of buyout. Now do your best on the rest. I'm sure you will come up with something.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
OK, so scratch Chrysler. I wasn't aware of buyout. Now do your best on the rest. I'm sure you will come up with something.
You make my head hurt. Grew up in Michigan, worked in automotive manufacturing for a while. Would rather support the workers than the people who own the companies and keep shipping jobs out of country to make a little extra on an way overpriced item. That's just me. Feel free to mail a check to the Fords. Maybe their lack of funds due to my buying a foreign car is causing them distress.

As said previously, welcome to winter on teamtalk. When the exciting stuff really happens, and the jokes get a bit snarky. This is the kind of thing that should be done in person with drinks, makes it easier to get the tone correct. Sorry if my comments, while honest, seem upset. Not at all. Just different views of the world.

Got a pic of the Glastron? Love those boats.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:30 PM
MC Devotee

Look up "what was your first boat" Post #8. Support the USA, buy American products
Old 12-06-2017, 08:33 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
Look up "what was your first boat" Post #8. Support the USA, buy American products
Never mind. Don't care enough to chase it down. Also, don't care enough to try to help you see the light. Have a nice winter. Hope you have some great snow.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
Never mind. Don't care enough to chase it down. Also, don't care enough to try to help you see the light. Have a nice winter. Hope you have some great snow.
roadster02 is brutal . he lives in american made fantasy land. don't try and make small talk.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:51 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
roadster02 is brutal . he lives in american made fantasy land. don't try and make small talk.
Not the first word I would choose. Tried to be friendly, also not a word I would choose. Thought all that legal pot was supposed to make people mellow?

I feel pretty strongly having seen what happened to the economy in Michigan as jobs got shipped out of country. He can think what he wants. I'd love to tell him he's right, but I just don't see the sense in both of us being wrong.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 PM
MC Devotee

I'm sorry I must have missed something. Just exactly what part of my post telling you where to find pics of the Glastron was not friendly???

Last edited by roadster02; 12-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Chrysler? You mean Fiat Chrysler? Supplying alternative facts i see
Let's not forget Daimler-Chrysler.
And for you kids in the group, The first bail-out babies "Lee Iacocca as CEO of Chrysler" Conned the US government into bailing them out. Much to his and his minions' credit they paid back all bailout money ahead of schedule. We had lots of crappy "K" cars running around.
Chrysler has been the whore on the block sucking cash from whoever was willing to take their turn in the drivers' seat. FIAT "Fix It Again Tony" historically does not make a reliable vehicle.
It is what it is in this global economy.