Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 08-20-2018, 07:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X30
Need new Wake Plate for ‘06 X30

I’m in need of a new wake plate for my ‘06 X30. The bracket where the Lenco actuator attaches broke loose last Saturday - only attached with 4 spot welds. I’ve had it welded back on but now I’ve noticed that one of the three “L” stiffeners on the underside is missing (also just a few spot welds) and there is a small crack developing in the plate, near where it is welded to the hinge. Not sure what has caused these issues - no strikes or impacts that I’m aware of. Could this just be 12 years of use now showing signs of fatigue?
Does anybody know the correct part number for the wake plate? Found this on MC Parts Depot: https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/pl...05-07-8-5-x-24
No part number or photo but description appears to be the correct one.

Last edited by Skyskiguy; 10-06-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X30
For anyone who may need this info in the future: the Wake Plate I referenced from MC Parts Depot was the correct one for my ‘06 X30. The screw pattern wasn’t exactly the same so I had to fill 4 of the 10 screw holes and drill new ones. Fortunately I happened to have a jar of gel patch on hand because 2 of the old holes were not covered by the new hinge. Turned out great
Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
If you have one in hand, you might be able to get a fabricator to make a new one for you.

Would probably cost you half of what MC parts depot wants.