Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-08-2015, 03:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Oh, I wouldn't call it a march of any sort either. With that schedule it's more like a walk in the park.
No kidding!
Old 09-08-2015, 03:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
I just heard TCU got bumped down by Alabama from #2 to #3...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-08-2015, 03:46 PM

Boat: No Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
I just heard TCU got bumped down by Alabama from #2 to #3...
I don't think Bama ia a #2 team right now. The game played a hell of a lot closer then the final score and Coker just doesn't look that good to me.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
Bama deserves the #1 spot more than Ohio does. Look at Ohio's schedule, another cupcake season for them, just like the one Thug State had last year. Ohio has ONE ranked opponent to play against....The razorbacks have EIGHT! I am sure Alabama has at least 8....no comparison.
1993 ProStar 190 Star & Stripes - Sold
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I don't think Bama ia a #2 team right now. The game played a hell of a lot closer then the final score and Coker just doesn't look that good to me.
I have to agree, and the secondary doesn't seem any better than last year, even with the new secondary coach.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 09-10-2015, 09:04 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Bama deserves the #1 spot more than Ohio does. Look at Ohio's schedule, another cupcake season for them, just like the one Thug State had last year. Ohio has ONE ranked opponent to play against....The razorbacks have EIGHT! I am sure Alabama has at least 8....no comparison.
Lots of season to go, the Buckeyes were ranked #1 to start the season, and haven't done anything to lose that spot. I think things will play out.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
I cannot agree with you there. Ohio won out last year, those 3 ints probably help a lot lol, and with only one game played neither Ohio nor Bama has done anything worth moving up or down.

I am a Bama fan but I don't put on rose colored glasses every Saturday or when a discussion about college football starts.

Strength of schedule will come into play when the committee votes and their rankings come out. Until then we'll just have to go with each weeks games.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76S&S View Post
I have to agree, and the secondary doesn't seem any better than last year, even with the new secondary coach.
Yup, we'll have to get a lot better through out the year if we plan on being in a position to hold a playoff spot. Good thing is Sabin is good and making adjustments through out the year to get us there. Only time will tell.

Lots more good college ball to come for sure.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Baylor jumping a spot after playing SMU seems like a joke, especially considering the score at halftime. I'd bet TCU will thump them this year. That's my hope at any rate.

My alma mater will be good again some day. Just not today. For now, I'll remember fondly the ten year (today) anniversary of our beating tOSU in the horseshoe at night in an absolutely fantastic game and hearing some awful stories about their fans outside of the stadium (at that time).

And yes, I'm reminiscing as opposed to anything better to do. Thank you, Vince. Thank you, Limus. Thank you DEFENSE!

For all of you with winning programs. Enjoy it while it lasts. For most of you, it won't.

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Last edited by east tx skier; 09-10-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post

For all of you with winning programs. Enjoy it while it lasts. For most of you, it won't.
Those are very true words. It never last.