Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-12-2016, 10:52 PM
KyleNowad KyleNowad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Boat: 2006 X9
Location: Northwest
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTour X9 View Post
My cousin had an X14. The wake is uneven because of the backseat (also had a light spotter), and I found it to be harder and steeper than an X9. That said, both wakes are fairly bad for course-level skiing. You can't replace a 190, though I hear 205's are the closest.
Nice looking boats
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-12-2016, 11:09 PM
93Prostar190's Avatar
93Prostar190 93Prostar190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Location: Central OH
Posts: 2,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Fellas, drag your butts down next August to the Buckeye Bash! We have the boats covered, 197, 205, 209, 214. You can choose the tug and ski the course until your arms and legs are rubber if you like.

What he said, I have a 214 without ballast and think the wake is great ... I do agree there is a trough especially at 22 but we use ours in the course and has seen 28 and 32 off with our ski club ... I ski mostly 15 nowadays and to me it is smaller than a 209 but not like my old 190 (of course)

The 214 handles very very well EVO hull serves it well ...
The best news is all those boats are fine .... You cannot lose


Sent from the No Wake Phone using Tapatalk
__________________
Keep a tight line, and a smile on your face. Peace out.
2008 Prostar 214 MCX
Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
"Do you have Flake on that boat?"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
JohnE's Avatar
JohnE JohnE is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Boat: XT22
Location: Boston 'burbs
Posts: 11,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTour X9 View Post
My cousin had an X14. The wake is uneven because of the backseat (also had a light spotter), and I found it to be harder and steeper than an X9. That said, both wakes are fairly bad for course-level skiing. You can't replace a 190, though I hear 205's are the closest.
I don't doubt you Doug. But I didn't find that to be the case on any of mine. Shep ski'd it into 32 off and felt that the wake was comparable to his 197. Looks like your cousin's is an '07. I wonder if they tweaked the molds at all.

Are you saying I should keep my '190? I've been toying with that idea.
__________________
Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-13-2016, 01:59 PM
ProTour X9's Avatar
ProTour X9 ProTour X9 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 1994 ProTour 190 & 2006 X9
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 2,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I don't doubt you Doug. But I didn't find that to be the case on any of mine. Shep ski'd it into 32 off and felt that the wake was comparable to his 197. Looks like your cousin's is an '07. I wonder if they tweaked the molds at all.

Are you saying I should keep my '190? I've been toying with that idea.
It was one of the very first X14s ever built so that is a possibility. I skied it at 15 off 34mph, and it wasn't a "controlled" experiment but the difference was notable to me; and I will say it was mostly shape of the wake. I wouldn't expect much difference at 32 off in front of the rooster tail!

He sold the 14 for a 30 so I won't get another chance at it, which is fine because I'd rather just stick with the 190 and keep the cartilage in my knees.
__________________
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM
shoe shoe is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2013 Prostar 197
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 23
You all convinced me to keep my 205. Sold the pontoon in a day so now I am going to find a V drive or 209. My wife has a 20 pairs of shoes, I can handle to MC's.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM
h2oski89 h2oski89 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2006, 350 MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 83
I've enjoyed reading this thread, I have a 2006 X9 and I love the boat. Part of me wishes I would have gotten a 197 for a better slalom experience, the x14 was about 15K out of my price range...I primarily slalom and foot but the biggest draw for me was getting the rest of my family and friends out on the water instead of sitting on the dock. I upgraded from an '89 ski centurion and we were always tripping over each other and people were laying on the floor. I prefer to only have a few people in the boat when skiing though I have footed with 11 in the boat during a party...

Since it is -2 outside right now, I dug through my archives of photos and videos and found this video of me skiing a couple of years ago. This is @22 off and 32 mph.

As a disclaimer for the video, it was shot by my 75 yr old mother and my wife was driving which you'll get to experience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0teMNM0Yw2U
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-17-2016, 11:01 PM
KyleNowad KyleNowad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Boat: 2006 X9
Location: Northwest
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oski89 View Post
I've enjoyed reading this thread, I have a 2006 X9 and I love the boat. Part of me wishes I would have gotten a 197 for a better slalom experience, the x14 was about 15K out of my price range...I primarily slalom and foot but the biggest draw for me was getting the rest of my family and friends out on the water instead of sitting on the dock. I upgraded from an '89 ski centurion and we were always tripping over each other and people were laying on the floor. I prefer to only have a few people in the boat when skiing though I have footed with 11 in the boat during a party...

Since it is -2 outside right now, I dug through my archives of photos and videos and found this video of me skiing a couple of years ago. This is @22 off and 32 mph.

As a disclaimer for the video, it was shot by my 75 yr old mother and my wife was driving which you'll get to experience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0teMNM0Yw2U
Any pictures of the boat? I think mine looks similar to yours.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-17-2016, 11:38 PM
h2oski89 h2oski89 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2006, 350 MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 83
Here are a couple of pictures of the exterior and interior. There are a few more in my album as well.



and

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-19-2016, 12:08 AM
KyleNowad KyleNowad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Boat: 2006 X9
Location: Northwest
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oski89 View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the exterior and interior. There are a few more in my album as well.



and

Nice! My 2006 X9 has the opposite hull color combination I purchased it 4 months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-23-2016, 07:43 PM
shoe shoe is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2013 Prostar 197
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 23
Is the X9 hull and dimensions roughly the same as the 209 for the same model year? The video gives me a good idea of what to expect at 22 off. I ski around 34-35 mph so perhaps the wake will be a little flatter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.


2018