Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 01:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Overrated?
Undefeated!
an overrated team wins on luck, an undefeated team wins by overcoming obstacles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
See here
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscrib View Post
Really?!?!? Mercer is not cupcake? Mercer is a conference opponent??? By "#3" - you mean the 4-6 Florida State Seminoles, that are not even going to be bowl eligible???

I actually respect the FSU game, but Mercer? Really? Mercer???? at the end of the season when a team should be show casing its strength????
One team does not make a cupcake schedule.

Mercer is not in the SEC so yes, it's a non conference game for Bama.

I don't make the rankings and when Bama played them they were 0-0 #3. I guess that defeat really demoralized them to the point they fell apart.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-20-2017, 02:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Moomba Craz 6.0L Raptor
Quote:
Really?!?!? Mercer is not cupcake? Mercer is a conference opponent??? By "#3" - you mean the 4-6 Florida State Seminoles, that are not even going to be bowl eligible???

I actually respect the FSU game, but Mercer? Really? Mercer???? at the end of the season when a team should be show casing its strength????
Auburn and Bama have scheduled tune up games of some sort before the Iron Bowl in recent history. I'll grant you Bama has had a lower strength of schedule this year than in the recent past. A lot of that can be attributed to the tumultuousness of the SEC right now with coaching changes/scandals and FSU not living up to the hype (after losing their quarterback). Not to make an excuse, but Alabama's UNDEFEATED so far. Hard to say any team is going to perform at its peak when they have a target on their back every week.

All that being said. The Iron Bowl this weekend is going to be epic.
Really shocked it's not the primetime game. Seems like a perfect one to have an night. Although it's probably a good thing they'll have less time to tailgate at Jordan-Hare.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X14 LY6
Quote:
Really?!?!? By "#3" - you mean the 4-6 Florida State Seminoles, that are not even going to be bowl eligible???
You can make other arguements against Alabama but this one shows you’re really trying to twist the numbers.

Alabama has the second highest margin of victory against FSU and they’re the only team to play against FSU’s starting quarterback. If Francois was healthy, FSU would be a 2 or 3 loss team right now.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
You can make other arguements against Alabama but this one shows you’re really trying to twist the numbers.

Alabama has the second highest margin of victory against FSU and they’re the only team to play against FSU’s starting quarterback. If Francois was healthy, FSU would be a 2 or 3 loss team right now.
I guess you missed this part..... "I actually respect the FSU game"
Old 11-20-2017, 03:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Quote:
Yeah, that's how everyone else does it.

Bama played 8 conference games and 4 non and one of those nons was #3 the first week of the season. It's not Bama's fault the rest of the conference went to poop.
I’m no bammer, but I agree with CR here. Anyone complaining about Bama’s strength of schedule is delusional. Come play a season in the SEC West and then we’ll talk. Yeah the SEC isn’t as good as it normally is, but it’s still the strongest conference in the nation and has been for at least the last decade.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
Show your skill - who do you predict in the playoffs: Repost

Quote:
Most every poll has the top 6 as: (in alphabetical order)

* Alabama - Mercer, Bama, SEC Championship(?)
* Auburn - Louisiana Monroe, Bama, SEC Championship(?)
* Clemson - Citadel, South Carolina, ACC Championship vs Miami
* Miami - Virginia, Pittsburgh, ACC Championship vs Clemson
* Oklahoma - KU, W. Virginia, Big 12 Championship (vs OK State or TCU)
* Wisconsin - Michigan, Minnesota, Big 10 Championship

But from what you know right now, and seeing their future opponents, how do you see the FINAL top 4 and why?

I predict that Bama will lose to Auburn. Then you have the SEC Championship which will pit GA vs Auburn in GA's back yard. Imagine what could happen if GA wins SEC Championship!

I don't think that Wisconsin can win back-to-back-to-back-to-back vs Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Big 10 Championship (just my guess). So I think they don't make the final cut.

I can see Clemson, Auburn and Oklahoma winning out. So that is 3 of my 4. I am struggling with my 4th....
I posted this a week ago and have not had any takers, yet. Many people seem to be talking about their team, but not about FBS overall. I am still sticking to my thought that Alabama will get beat by Auburn. I was wrong in thinking that Michigan would take down Wisconsin.

My final four in alphabetical order are: Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma and Wisconsin
Old 11-20-2017, 05:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
my picks in no particular order of finish ... Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma and Wisconsin
Old 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM

Boat: 06 X30
BTW: if you are playing the odds on Bama vs Auburnt, remember we are getting 3 of 5 injured starters back for that game.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
BTW: if you are playing the odds on Bama vs Auburnt, remember we are getting 3 of 5 injured starters back for that game.
You on the team?

"It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking" - Ron Paul