Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 07-17-2018, 02:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
It carries a little more speed into the turn transition (which I attempt at the 2nd wake crossing, but I'm usually slow...)
Your goal is to slow the ski down so you're not blazing at the pre-turn and turn. You can accomplish that by mashing alot more weight down on the front foot on your pull to one ball, or your imaginary one ball. as long as you're on edge, you'll still be traveling across course instead of down course.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
I think I mentioned earlier, I have the same Theory 67" but with Vector Boot and RTP. Been on it since 2012 and still really like it. I just free-ski, between 28-30mph at -15 and -22 but find it a great ski for what I do. It had been stock set up, with wing until this weekend I removed the wing to see how it would feel. I actually prefer it "wingless", which I'm sure is related to my technique. It carries a little more speed into the turn transition (which I attempt at the 2nd wake crossing, but I'm usually slow...) and seems to turn quicker and/or seems more responsive to input from my front foot. IDK...whatever is going on, I like
I'm in the same boat as you (figuratively). I ride my HO with the wing removed. The Radar came with the wing on, so I decided to try it stock. I think the wing forces the nose of the ski to ride a little high and at the turn you have more weight on the back foot. I'm trying to decide if I should keep trying it that way, or remove the wing and see how it skis.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Your goal is to slow the ski down so you're not blazing at the pre-turn and turn. You can accomplish that by mashing alot more weight down on the front foot on your pull to one ball, or your imaginary one ball. as long as you're on edge, you'll still be traveling across course instead of down course.
Ok, so the next time out, I'll try to put more weight on the front foot, and not remove the wing. I do like the way it slows and accelerates. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr71 View Post
and at the turn you have more weight on the back foot. I'm trying to decide if I should keep trying it that way

Tail riding not good. you should be riding your ski edge to edge...

1. you should be on the edge cutting the wake
2. after you cross the 2nd wake, you turn to the inside edge, which sets up your pre-turn, then turn
3. Rinse and repet going to the other side

Never flat, never on the tail.

Another tip - try keeping those elbows tucked in tight to the vest to get your pull from the core and not your arms. Hold the handle in longer than you have been and only feed out the handle as much as you need for the turn rather than giving it all to the boat ('feed what you need")
Old 07-17-2018, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Tail riding not good. you should be riding your ski edge to edge...

1. you should be on the edge cutting the wake
2. after you cross the 2nd wake, you turn to the inside edge, which sets up your pre-turn, then turn
3. Rinse and repet going to the other side

Never flat, never on the tail.

Another tip - try keeping those elbows tucked in tight to the vest to get your pull from the core and not your arms. Hold the handle in longer than you have been and only feed out the handle as much as you need for the turn rather than giving it all to the boat ('feed what you need")
Thanks, I never felt like I was on the tail on my old ski. I'll report back more details after I ski it again.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:36 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timr71 View Post
Thanks, I never felt like I was on the tail on my old ski. I'll report back more details after I ski it again.
I had to take last night and tonight off... Body is begging for a break... I want to ski well in my 4th tourney saturday... getting ready for regionals.

no, no chance for nationals (i'm short by 8.5 buoys), i just want to be able to say i skied a regionals once.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

SJ - Good luck!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft X-30 and 2000 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Mike View Post
I'm demoing a Syndicate Omni and a TX Superlite tonight. Currently on a Syndicate A3 and been struggling with starts lately - just think I need to change to something a little wider, as I'm getting older and something is changing along the way. I hate that!

Hoping for big things from the Omni and will report back on comparisons for these ...
Only had a short night on these the other day so far. I really liked the Syndicate Omni, even on the windy chop we had that evening. It is a much better ski for my situation than my A3 right now. Easiest slalom ski I have ever gotten up on and much better turns for me, especially noticed that on my off side. I also did not get as tired as I usually do when done. I can't wait to get some better conditions to push it a little more, but our weather is not cooperating with the timing here.

As for the TX Superlite, I didn't like it as much, as I struggled with holding edge compared to my A3 and the Syndicate Omni - I'll say again that conditions were not good and I definitely did not push it hard, so the comment is really not a full comparison until I try it again.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
wings are evil .....

unless you are at -32 and shorter... even at -32 @ 34 I don't need one.. well didn't used to before my knee injury and C6 injuries
Old 07-30-2018, 07:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft X-30 and 2000 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Mike View Post
Only had a short night on these the other day so far. I really liked the Syndicate Omni, even on the windy chop we had that evening. It is a much better ski for my situation than my A3 right now. Easiest slalom ski I have ever gotten up on and much better turns for me, especially noticed that on my off side. I also did not get as tired as I usually do when done. I can't wait to get some better conditions to push it a little more, but our weather is not cooperating with the timing here.

As for the TX Superlite, I didn't like it as much, as I struggled with holding edge compared to my A3 and the Syndicate Omni - I'll say again that conditions were not good and I definitely did not push it hard, so the comment is really not a full comparison until I try it again.
Ok, I bought the Syndicate Omni. Skiing this weekend was great water and I am getting very comfortable on this ski, especially on my offside cuts now. I was not holding my edge as well on offside going to the wake as I can on this one. Much better overall for me at the slower speeds so I can get my mechanics in better shape. Can't wait to get out again soon!