Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 06-20-2018, 03:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22
Iím still working on the interface from the Klipsch DSP to aftermarket amps. The Klipsch DSP is outputting an 8V balanced line level signal that should be compatible with a single end grounded amplifier that can accept that strong of a signal level.

I donít want to post more info until Iíve finished testing but as of right now I have JL HD amps powering my tower speakers. Seems like Iím getting some excess static and maybe some slight clipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2018, 07:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 XT21
I had two Rev10ís with a Syn2 amp installed, I had to put a separate volume control for the tower speakers.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2018, 09:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
Iím still working on the interface from the Klipsch DSP to aftermarket amps. The Klipsch DSP is outputting an 8V balanced line level signal that should be compatible with a single end grounded amplifier that can accept that strong of a signal level.

I donít want to post more info until Iíve finished testing but as of right now I have JL HD amps powering my tower speakers. Seems like Iím getting some excess static and maybe some slight clipping.

Not that it would be my first choice, but I wonder if a Polk amplifier would work well. They look almost identical (doesn't necessarily mean anything), they are made by the same company (doesn't necessarily mean anything), and they have a speaker level input (doesn't necessarily mean anything).

But maybe?!?

At least they would be tunable if they did work......
Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
A polk amp would not work or work, same as any other amp will or wont. Speaker level is just another means of bringing the signal in to the amp. The difference is what the Klipsch DSP amp does with it, compared to the polk models, or any other non-DSP.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
A polk amp would not work or work, same as any other amp will or wont. Speaker level is just another means of bringing the signal in to the amp. The difference is what the Klipsch DSP amp does with it, compared to the polk models, or any other non-DSP.
Are you saying the Klipsch amp does more processing of the signal? I had assumed that all of the processing of the signal was performed in the standalone DSP and that the Klipsch amps were "dumb" amps. If the Klipsch amps have DSP capabilities, they would need to be taken apart to be updated as there aren't any accessible communication ports on the outside.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
Are you saying the Klipsch amp does more processing of the signal? I had assumed that all of the processing of the signal was performed in the standalone DSP and that the Klipsch amps were "dumb" amps. If the Klipsch amps have DSP capabilities, they would need to be taken apart to be updated as there aren't any accessible communication ports on the outside.
I was under the impression that the amps are DSP and laptop tuned. So well beyond the simple gain and cross-over settings on a traditional amp.

Now, that does not mean an aftermarket amp wont work. The system seems played up to be more active then passive. Active as in between the Bonjovi controller and amps.

In RE to the polk amp question. My point was that just because the polk label falls under ASA as Klipsch does, it has no better or worse chance or working, as any other amp.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:48 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Here's some mods one. Company did. Looks like they ripped everything out and started fresh with all new speakers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BklbrGBn...d=bprjw00vh6gn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2018, 10:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post
Here's some mods one. Company did. Looks like they ripped everything out and started fresh with all new speakers.

That is an amazing set up!

Old 07-20-2018, 09:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post

So..... they allegedly did this and retained full touchscreen control, and zone control.

Only thing I can guess, is that they kept the DSP, and specifically used the JL VX series amps because they have a broad range for acceptable analog input signal.

Would be nice to get the specific details from hydrotunes....
Old 07-20-2018, 09:33 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
I seen this coming last year when they announced this partnership. An thought it was a horrible idea as we like to make these boat hammer.

So i jump at the chance early this spring to dive into this dsp BS. My custom had lots of question for me and the online community and soon we got a call from the factory saying the warranty would be void if we messed with the stereo. They never clarified if it would cause the screen to be part of that warranty void.

Only way I see to build any kind of decent audio system is to use a mosconi dsp or like dsp. The 6pin mini connector is common part. So no need to cut anything. Each zone is individually tuned so it might not sound that great even after the 2nd dsp. But you'll retain screen zone control. So its going to be like doing a modern car integration. Maybe idatalink maestro can help out in the future and make a box to interface these things.
You had to switch between 3dB and 4dB/segment? That's a lot of EQ.

How old is that RTA? I haven't seen one of those in over 25 years. I use RoomEQ Wizard.

Tags
2018, hydrotunes