Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2018, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 mastercraft x-star
batteries are removed over the winter storage.

I would have given it the taste test, but after all the comments, could I really post my taste results of bow and stern "spooge" and get a realistic answer?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 98/99 MariStar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig3972 View Post

I would have given it the taste test, but after all the comments, could I really post my taste results of bow and stern "spooge" and get a realistic answer?
Only if it's styled as a YouTube foodie review.
2017 B1G Champions
Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I get all the innuendo and I do not want to discount all the puns that are happening here but... on the serious note.

This has to be some kind of electrolysis reaction if it is happening on the bow eye tie down. I'm really intrigued as to what is happening here.
If there's no battery in the boat that's connected to the bow eye, cables or other metal, there can be no electrolysis and I have never seen a bow eye that was connected to anything electrical, although it might not be a bad idea to look at the underside of the bow to see if the bow light's wiring is touching it and also, look in the storage compartments for a battery that may have been left in the boat, connected. I doubt it's a galvanic reaction but if the air around the boat is extremely humid, it may be possible.

Was an extension cord left in the boat with the plug still in the outlet? If so, is the insulation missing on any of the wires?

I would be tempted to scrape some of this off and do some testing, or find someone who can do this.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig3972 View Post

I was kidding about the taste test.

Any livestock in the area of the boat? Maybe one of them got the wrong impression.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:21 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Jim, the bow light was the first thing that I thought about. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Also, what about the bow eye contacting the boat buddy rod. Is there a short in the trailer some where?

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
I have a bit of gunk like that where the heater hose the connected. It is some sort of water sealing goop. It doesn't wash away though.